Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Bought a Tom-Tom go 930 Traffic, for our tour around europe,,

And it got us into all sorts of problems, widths of roads, sites down near inacessible roads etc.

probably my own fault for not doing enough home work prior to the trip.. I digress,,

Got talking to a guy who drove weird and wonderful loads all over europe, and all he uses is a "Snooper Ventura" he can program in Height-Weight-Length-Width.. and so he say`s the Snooper has never let him down ie low bridges/width restrictions narrow roadworks etc..

Has any member had/got one or know if they are any good,, before I throw away another few hundredquid ??

Thanks.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Link Removed

Looking at the snooper web site this is the coverage of their Ventura product.

Good but not the total answer - and don't forget that there are two versions of Ventura - one for HGV and one for caravans.

Dick

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Quite expensive and you cannot enter lists of your own POIs.

They are supposed to be in the process of correcting the POI problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Stick with tom tom you can get poi's low bridges/dangerous bends/one way streets/truck laybyes/truckstops/accident blackspots/wildcamping in scotland etc etc

Not seen one for narrow roads ;but you can get the exact width from google earth if you plan your route.

regards

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Triple stick with TomTom especially with Sinbads little "Tyre" program downloaded as well:thumb::thumb:
Geo

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Tom Tom for me. Only caused me grief 2 maybe 3 times in an artic and only because I was 'curious'. :Doh:
Can't honestly say that I've had any bother with campervan. Use it only as an adviser and you won't go far wrong. :thumb:

BEV

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
CORNWALL
Funster No
MH
AUTOCRUISE
Exp
Tom tom

I too had trouble with the TOM TOM on taking me down tracks that had grass in the middle (I know I live in Cornwall so expect this sometimes) any way have now got a Garmin Nuvi that lets me enter the motorhome as a bus etc and when we go out in the car we get the appropriate route for it.
We have had quite a few lorrys in Cornwall getting stuck and nine times out of ten is ther TOM TOM although and good piece of kit.
We will be taking both to Spain next March so shouldnt get lost (HA HA)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Stick with Tom Tom or Garmin

Don't waste your money none of theses so called HGV sat navs work.

I had the Snooper Truckmate and sent it back as not fit for purpose and eventually got a full refund. It was no better than a cheapie and certainly not worth the money only good thing about it was the screen size.

I always check the map so I know the route before trusting the sat nav.

M

Mike-H

Deleted User
Doesnt TT have an option to say youre travelling by lorry? I`ve tried so many satnavs I forget but its worth checking.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I have only used Tom Tom so i can't comment on others. Personally i have never had any problems going down grass tracks::bigsmile: ;but i suppose it could happen, I doubt this would happen if TT is set to fastest route.

Best to plan your trip though, do it the easy way, see your route with google earth even measure those narrow roads.

Trace your route anywhere

Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back