Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
SWIMBO has just rescued this device from the rubbish bin and sat me down with a stiff drink , now waiting for my blood pressure to return to normal.We have a Start 25 with full European maps and it has performed faultlessly all over the UK, France, Spain and Portugal.Then fell foul of the 'your device needs map update.
Ok,go onto mydrive,click update,new map downloads onto laptop goes to 1% download to device then says device not connected, reconnect device,30 seconds later device not connected, many attempts later and device will not stay connected to computer. Been through all the tomtom help sites etc and got nowhere.
Have tried a new lead,removed firewall etc,no go.Now l have a satnav that turns on just to tell me No maps found and does nothing else.All a bit long winded l know but can anyone who's a bit more tech savvy than me help Please, before l take a hammer to the bl**dy thing.

Cheers Bob.

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
I had that trouble with mu old TomTom, i persevered and it eventually did it, but got bored with that and bought a Snooper!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Having had similar problems with a Tom Tom, I'd advise taking the hammer to it. You'd feel a lot better & then buying a new non Tom Tom satnav would be the cherry on the cake. (y)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I love my 10 year old TomTom because I have got Tom Baker's voice (soundalike from Halfords years ago). TomTom have now withdrawn support from it and I can't update it so they want me to buy a new one. I told them I won't buy another if I can't have Tom Baker - they say I can't, so I told them I'll carry on using the old one. For a while at least it can't be so out of date!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yoda or Ozzie Osborne were the best voice-overs I always thought, when daughter invested in a selection for hers, the kids loved Ozzie talking to Sharon, and she'd randomly deliberately turn the wrong way every so often, to entertain them!

The factory fitted one in the Antara is much more polite than Tom Tom is though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
We have the tomtom app on our iPhones and iPads.I got so tired of the problems with it,mainly no sound at all,found on fora it was pretty normal!!
With the help of others reports on here decided to buy a snooper,very different on the couple of short trips so far.
One of the things I didn't realise before purchase,probably didn't read the small print :rolleyes: had to pay extra for speed camera warning,maybe more importantly for some had to have access to Windows so dragged out my clunky old laptop and printer to print all 109 pages of user instructions.
Would be so much cheaper and easier if you still got a paper handbook for so many things today.
What did we do before having these devices,I had a big box of maps from everywhere I have been,worked pretty well really.:sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back