• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Tom Tom Go 720 (HGV or wide vehicles) (1 Viewer)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We look after each other on this forum, not rip each other off!!!!!

Read your own words, you ripped into a guy that is in much the same technical place as myself as in no place at all. He would have appreciated helpful information as I would, but instead he got ridiculed by you, that my Funster friend is not looking after each other in my book.

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
There are far too many people here living in white fluffy stuff looking through rose tinted specs.

This guy, who you describe as knowing nothing, had the gumption to update the navcore of the tomtom through its home page, the very same homepage that would have told him that the maps were totally out of date.

If someone was trying to sell an mapbook, claiming it was up to date and you ended up with a 2007 book, would you be happy? I think not!! The same here. To say he did not know that the maps were outdated is total B******s.

Best leave these sort of sellers to fleabay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
There are far too many people here living in white fluffy stuff looking through rose tinted specs.

This guy, who you describe as knowing nothing, had the gumption to update the navcore of the tomtom through its home page, the very same homepage that would have told him that the maps were totally out of date.

If someone was trying to sell an mapbook, claiming it was up to date and you ended up with a 2007 book, would you be happy? I think not!! The same here. To say he did not know that the maps were outdated is total B******s.

Best leave these sort of sellers to fleabay.

With the amount of posts you have made I guess you would know just how many people on here are living in the white fluffy stuff!

All I know is that when I read his posts and then yours, I came to the conclusion that you had given him a VERY hard time. One of his posts explained that he- in my mind- thought that when he "Updated" that the maps had updated, he didn't realise that it was just the OS. Even if he was as you put it giving you B******s you really didn't (and still don't) need to go at him with all guns blazing!!

Take it easy brother, you didn't get conned, you didn't buy it, your much to "Sharp" for that! Live, breath, be happy, I would have thought that your 150 posts on this forum would have shown you that. Fun and peace be with you.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Well having re read this thread several times both Jenny (sedge) on here and myself are both in agreement that Nigel&Debbie gave the OP good advice with regard to the maps on the TT. The OP then argued the point that he had updated the machine and that it was upto date, then despite being told otherwise argued the point.

The OP then suggested that N&D were talking S**** and were trying to beat him up over the price. As has been pointed out if anyone plugs their TT in they will get a message After TT interrogates their M/c that the maps are so many years out of date.

The OP ignored that obviously either through ignorance or the facts, and has withdrawn it from sale. I know and I am no techno nerd mine is an old TT XL when the maps are out of date TT tells me when I plug it into my laptop, and I usually purchase updates. The OP clearly did not do this and IMHO went on the offensive saying he thought he was being conned.

Just my two pennorth!!

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'm still confused by whole update thing but I'm certainly a little bit wiser than before. Upon checking this machine it is actually a GO720T & when switched on comes up with a picture of a large HGV. I knew that I'd previously used the Satnav & had to enter the size & weight of my outfit. IMHO I feel that Nigel&Debbie were rude & caused offence, all that was required was to point out the error of my ways which I'd have accepted graciously. I'd like to think that Nigel didn't set out to find someone to noise up & I just happened to be the aforementioned someone but I wouldn't be convinced of his intentions. To Nigel I'd say this, funsters shouldn't set out to offend each other & this is far more important than his suggestion of "ripping each other off" & furthermore I believe that Nigel should ask himself how many times in his life has he spent causing trouble & deliberate embarrassment of others? Or is he perhaps a "serial complainer"?

I must thank the forum members that I am grateful for their kind words & to those who agreed with Nigel that its a free country & find their comments as food for thought.

Now being a Scotsman I'm ready to celebrate the ending of one year & the arrival of the next. Here's wishing a peaceful & happy New Year even to Nigel.

Robert & Hazel. :):xdoh::xdoh:

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I LOVE a diplomatic answer !!! :xlaugh::xThumb:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Must admit (I.M.O.) if I had bought this item I would have been well hacked off after finding it was not as described, so in a sense can understand where Nigel and Debbie are coming from.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Must admit (I.M.O.) if I had bought this item I would have been well hacked off after finding it was not as described, so in a sense can understand where Nigel and Debbie are coming from.
That is very true and one reason I shy away from buying second hand techno stuff. But perhaps a slightly different reply from someone that knows much more about it might have been better, asking the OP how he had updated it, had he checked it was loaded etc, etc, but to me it seemed as though he just launched into him.
I am always ready to learn and will bow to superior knowledge.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That is very true and one reason I shy away from buying second hand techno stuff. But perhaps a slightly different reply from someone that knows much more about it might have been better, asking the OP how he had updated it, had he checked it was loaded etc, etc, but to me it seemed as though he just launched into him.
I am always ready to learn and will bow to superior knowledge.
If you read through the posts that is exactly what he did and even went so far as to tell the O.P. how to determine which map was on the device. It struck me that the O.P. had difficulty answering this question which i thought was straight forward.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back