Tolltickets. com (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I received a device a device from Tolltickets to use on the Telepass system in Italy a month ago and found it great to use but I am having a problem returning the device through the post office system (restricted goods batteries) the P O are wanting to know what battery and what size is in the device.
Considering the device has been sent to me from Germany already through the post I cant see the prob
I have contacted Tolltickets but am awaiting a reply. Has anybody else used this device or similar in France etc and if so what did you declare. Also is it possible to use other carriers such as DHL etc to get this item returned ASAP.
I live in the Isle Of Man but our regs are the same as the UK
Thanks Steve

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Hi Steve, I'm still using my Device successfully, however, when I received it the accompanying instructions on its use also included were instructions for its return and cancellation along with a " Returns Address Label" it stated the importance of using the label etc.
You might want to check if you still have this label.
With regard to the PO you don't have to be totally honest as to the contents of the package;)

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for the info. I have the return label but the post office is asking all sorts of questions regarding what type of battery etc. I have had a reply from Tolltickets who have not answered the tech questions ref battery etc but simply sent me another label ret UPS which I am not sure I can locate on the island. The PO are worried that the batteries will be a hazard I will get round this somehow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I've had this issue previously and can understand anyone Transporting Batteries to be concerned,however,I believe a battery the size of a 10p piece and also sealed
inside the Framework of the TollTag could hurt anybody.

Right or Wrong when asked what the Package contained I stated a Belt it was actually a Watch that contained a small battery. It was destined for Germany and the Replacement came back the same route,however,I doubt the Germans faced such stupidity.

I actually believe it got nothing to do with the PO or Person serving you it's a private matter what your envelope or package contains, therefore, since it's about Dangerous Goods your/our response should be " I declare that the contents are not Dangerous " this should suffice.

Honestly, how pathetic that you are having such trouble in returning such a simple item. I know you'll get it sorted but not without uneccesary inconvenience.

BKen

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Rojales Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
Do what everbody does answer in the questions with the answer they want to hear not what actually is the fact ...brits are too honest which is there failure of surviving in the EU and anywhere else ....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
benellioldman1
Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
All solved now simply went to another post office got the bloke laughing about life in general never even asked about the contents. Thanks for all your comments I will stick to keeping it simple next year. By the way can thoroughly recommend Tolltickets for the Telepass (Italy) never had a problem felt I could move more easily around Italy without worrying about my poor wife having to be a contortionist (vertically challenged) leaning out of the cab trying to reach the upper slot or the bottom slot of the toll machine. If the Tellepass does not work the they also issue with the Viacard.
A excellent service which for a small extra charge is well worth it

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I sent my defunct Battery Charger through the post to get it repaired.
I was asked what were the contents and I honestly replied,"It's a battery charger for a motorhome"
Couldn't believe it when the person at the other side of the counter asked" Does it have batteries in it."
I've got into the habit of telling them anything but the truth as to the contents if I'm happy that the contents are not dangerous.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back