Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We are going to Ireland at the end of the week and I see that the toll roads are quite difficult to miss enroute to the places we will be going, bridges and tunnels. It says to pay online or in payzone outlets, How do we do that as we will have no computor to pay with and the payzone outlets are just shops so we will not know how much to pay or where we went through the toll points. You have to pay before 8.00 the next day so are these points open if we go through at night??
It seems a bit like Dartford Toll, in that those that know can do, those that don't know are stuck. If we went through 4 points and only knew about 3 then does the payzone have a record?
Any body know the whys and wherefores of the best way to pay or check?

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
I have never paid on time as can't be bothered finding somewhere to pay, and mostly have no internet, just wait for bill from them, only a € or so extra. Then pay when have Internet.
For me so much easier and less stress.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
There are 11 toll points in Ireland in which 10 have barriers so you pay at toll booth. The only barrier free toll is on the M50 ring road around Dublin. You can pay in most garages/Spar type shops.

Hope you have a great time here in the Emerald Isle!

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Hopefully I will keep off the motorways to see the countryside more going to zigzag around up and down til we get dizzy. Atlantic way is one place. I have joined the Motorhome Craic and they have an aire and parking place map which is going to be useful if I can print out before I go. I have no internet other than my phone on rather dear roaming charges. too dear to use as a personal hotspot for the tablet.. and I do not know what the signals is like but if the place is as empty as it looks, then none.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
If your arriving through Dublin port stay in the left lane (of the 2) coming out of the port (and watch out for the speed humps, there's plenty of them!) head for the city, avoiding the tunnel which leads you towards the M50 which is an auto toll. Your sat-nav should then get you out on to the roads to your destination.
Stay on the 'N' roads and avoid the blue 'M' signs (some of the toll roads charge you to enter and leave!!).
It's a pleasure to drive over there, the signs have improved and if you do take a wrong turn what the heck every road eventually has a right turn.
Spud

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When you leave Dublin port don't do what we did and turn left onto the R131 which takes you across the East Link Toll Bridge over the River Liffey where you'll find there are toll booths - when we went that way it cost us about £2 for just a little bit of road as there was no way of turning round due to the barriers they had in place! :mad:

Dublin.PNG

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
You can also sign up to eflow.ie. Give your registration details and when you pass through an un-manned toll the ANPR cameras recognise you & you get a bill. Or you can sign up DDR. Otherwise you get a fine.... Don't ask. :oops:

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
You can also sign up to eflow.ie. Give your registration details and when you pass through an un-manned toll the ANPR cameras recognise you & you get a bill. Or you can sign up DDR. Otherwise you get a fine.... Don't ask. :oops:

You don't get a fine!
they pass your details to a UK collection agency that threatens you with with dire consequences and vastly increased amounts of money for every letter they send out :ROFLMAO: ( four upto eighteen months ago)
A Irish ( Eire) motoring fine isn't enforceable in the UK ,
Don't ask me how I Know this,:)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
You don't get a fine!
they pass your details to a UK collection agency that threatens you with with dire consequences and vastly increased amounts of money for every letter they send out :ROFLMAO: ( four upto eighteen months ago)
A Irish ( Eire) motoring fine isn't enforceable in the UK ,
Don't ask me how I Know this,:)
The fine will be enforceable after 2017 when the UK has to be part of the EU wide driving legal system. Fines and points obtained in other EU (and associated) countries WILL be applied to UK licences. Did your local EU remainer mention that little nugget ?

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have booked the ferry from Heysham at 02.40 Friday morning. Off we go an hope not to get robbed , mugged blown up or arrested. At least they speak something I might understand unlike going South from Dover. Taking my camera for a memory making episode. Hopefully will be able to download them when we get back. We have a single out and get a single back same price but leaves all the options open.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
The fine will be enforceable after 2017 when the UK has to be part of the EU wide driving legal system. Fines and points obtained in other EU (and associated) countries WILL be applied to UK licences. Did your local EU remainer mention that little nugget ?

exactly why both my wife and me used our postal vote to hopefully remove this country from the farcical bureaucracy they call the EU

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back