Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Apologies if this has been covered before but I've searched and haven't been able to find the answer I need.

So... Just pre-planning this year's travel and I want to buy an automated system for the toll roads on the continent. I've been looking at the Toll Tickets website and we need a TIS-PL and a VIA-T box (France and Spain).

My question is about how they actually work. When does the charging start? Is it when you first use it at the tolls or does it start from when you buy initially?

Can anyone give advice on the system please?

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
We use Sanef for ours - there's a French one and another for Spain & Portugal. Set up fee for each then just charged as used at 5 euros per month that it's in use up to an annual maximum of 10 euros (plus the tolls of course..) If you don't use it you don't get charged the monthly management fee
There is an annual membership of 6 euros regardless.
Hope this helps
:)

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks Diggly...

Unfortunately I don't think we can use the Sanef as our vehicle is 7.5 tonnes but I'll double check now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
Oh....I think that you're correct. Didn't realise you have such a monster !!
:D2

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
We had a similar problem, our train weight is 6T so we are (French) class four. If you contact Alan Turley: a.turley@its-group.co.uk
at ITS group they do tags that will more than meet your requirements. They are also about to launch a new integrated tag that does multiple countries including Austria but no date set yet. Alan is really good and helpful and I am sure will be able to help you.

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
....and to answer your question from our perspective. I pay a monthly rental fee for the tag / box. I then get an invoice monthly that is direct debited for the rental and any tolls consumed an billed in the prior month. Good customer service, our tag failed last year and it was swiftly replaced.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks very much... I'll get in touch with Alan

A quick question... I've googled ITSGroup.co.uk but don't seem to be able to find the company. Have I got the website address correct? The website google came up with was a fire and security company.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
I use toll tickets system on my concorde. I paid for a year's use when ordering so pay a lower per use charge and no monthly payment. The bills come through from use in Spain faster than for use in France but they all arrive within the next month. The tag seems to be recognised at the toll gate faster in Spain than in France? Would not go back to having other half hanging out of the window to pay cash or card.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thanks very much... I'll get in touch with Alan

A quick question... I've googled ITSGroup.co.uk but don't seem to be able to find the company. Have I got the website address correct? The website google came up with was a fire and security company.

Same here, there seems to be a good few ITS Group websites. Which one do I need to look at please.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I use toll tickets system on my concorde. I paid for a year's use when ordering so pay a lower per use charge and no monthly payment. The bills come through from use in Spain faster than for use in France but they all arrive within the next month. The tag seems to be recognised at the toll gate faster in Spain than in France? Would not go back to having other half hanging out of the window to pay cash or card.

Do the bills come through electronically? I assume you can view and pay them online?

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
Here are Alan's details but the last email I can find is from 2016. He has written to me since but I can't find the details. My computer won't connect to the website either. Probably the quickest way is to drop Alan an email.

Alan Turley

Sales Executive

DDI:
Tel:
Fax:

ITS Group Ltd
The Crown Building
London Road
Westerham
Kent
TN16 1UT

Web: www.its-group.co.uk

The box I have is a UTA Multibox. Details direct from UTA here : http://www.uta.com/tankkarte/tindex...OpenDocument&6DFFB02933AFCAD6C1258025002BAAAE. See the option vehicles more than 3.5T and over 3M tall.

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Do the bills come through electronically? I assume you can view and pay them online?
You get an email notifying you that payment will be collected automatically from your chosen method of payment ie paypal credit card etc. The email provides a link to the invoice which you can download or view in PDF format.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back