LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
So i hvae tried to read a whole load of posts around french tolls and the dreaded over 3.5t or more than 2 axles. Now i used to have as many will know an Autotrail Delaware which was 3.03 and 4.5t and with my sanef tag i would regularly not be allowed through the auto barrier. Having then to pay whatever was on screen manually defeating the use of the tag. Being RHD this is even more of a pain and trying to argue with a machine when it is peeing it down i just cant be bothered and just pay.

Now my new MH is just under 3m but is 5t and more importantly a TAG axle so i am almost certain to trigger the higher charge based on the tag aspect. I can see tolltickets do a device although currently sold out but i cant see anything on the ATMB site to see if this one covers off the extra axle and weight (although i dont think the weight will matter). So can anyone shed some light on this and is it only the tollticket one that is a viable option without wanting to risk it not working? we dont visit France a lot but it is so much trouble on the tolls when we do we need to use something that makes it easier and avoiding the tolls is not always an option due to limited amount of days away (work:()

Thanks ion advance

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would still say stay away from the tolls especially as you should now be class 4 which will be at at least two arms and three legs, just don't go as far and enjoy the back lanes.

You said the dreaded 3.5m I am sure you know but just for others it's over 3m and over 3.5t that goes to class 3.

I don't know the ins and outs of the toll tag for over class 2 vehicles but I guess if you roll up manually to pay they might not clock the extra axle, I don't know if a tag would default you to class 4.

Edit

Just reread your post and as you are under 3m it would be worth one trip just rolling up and see what they want to charge.

Martin

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I would still say stay away from the tolls especially as you should now be class 4 which will be at at least two arms and three legs, just don't go as far and enjoy the back lanes.

You said the dreaded 3.5m I am sure you know but just for others it's over 3m and over 3.5t that goes to class 3.

I don't know the ins and outs of the toll tag for over class 2 vehicles but I guess if you roll up manually to pay they might not clock the extra axle, I don't know if a tag would default you to class 4.

Edit

Just reread your post and as you are under 3m it would be worth one trip just rolling up and see what they want to charge.

Martin
Sorry should of read 3.5t now corrected, i do try and avoid the tolls where i can but sometimes it is just not possible. With the current tag (sanef) it just doesnt work when it thinks you are over. It always went to class 4 in the Autotrail so i am assuming this will be the same although this one is under 3m or so they say but there is now a tv aerial on the roof so this may add to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorry should of read 3.5t now corrected, i do try and avoid the tolls where i can but sometimes it is just not possible. With the current tag (sanef) it just doesnt work when it thinks you are over.
I understand that even I use tolls sometimes :LOL: I don't know how the booths measure weigh count axles etc so I don't know how they will view the new van.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back