LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
tolls to clermont wil;l be around 50 euro but no need to use em the a road is ok but dont go via paris

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Michelin dont show the true cost

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Don't forget if you are using the MH then you will be charged at least class 2. The Viamichelin site calculates the toll cost on the basis of a car (class1). Gives calais to clermont ferrand as 56euro tolls

The Mappy website http://en.mappy.com allows you to specify the vehicle type select van for class 2 gives calais to clermeont ferrand as 88euro tolls

Lunarman

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I'm over three meters height and it cost a small fortune for that stretch of the tolls - nearly €100 from memory (2011). And the Millau bridge was over €30. Coming back, needless to say, I didn't take any toll roads. Adds a little time but it's part the holiday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi All
Thankyou for all the imput it looks as if I will go another route, as i am
just over 3 mtrs in height, as there is no hurry maybe a more indirect
way is on the cards.
Thanks again
Mike:Smile:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hello vana

We make this return journey about every 4 to 6 weeks in a class 2 Ducato panel van. The current cost to 03000 Moulins is around 46 euros via Paris. From there it is perhaps another 7 or 8 euros to Clermont.

There are 2 main routes the easiest by miles is via Paris, choosing one of the 4 options of going through or round the edge.

The second is travelling to Rouen and cross country to Montlucon then Clermont, I'm not sure of the current motoway section costs as we rarely use that as too fiddley for a simple business journey.

Paris routing is all about timing and day of travel, and when you know a couple of key points it's easier than driving down the A127 in Essex.

If you only want to get soemwhere easily and if you can alter your vehicle to be no more than 2.99m high or are prepared to explain at the barrier that you are a class 2 motor home (if that's what you are using), then with a trailer attached I would make that journey via motorway where applicable as all the facilities are there for you.

If you want any pointers as to route, fuel and stops just ask away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back