Toilet Woes Again, Sorry .......... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Burstnerite

Burstnerite

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Overcab Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Blimey, thanks everyone !
Comforting to think in these troubled times the good old British toilet humour is still alive. Long live 'Carry on at your convenience', 'Carry on up the Khyber', think I'll quit there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I bought another van last year and the bog really peees me off. A ceramic bowl and the usual rotateable toilet seat above it, however, rotate the seat to get comfortable but the bowl hole is fixed and doesn't turn, messy is the polite word :unsure:

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
You Guys ! It’s all on here.....pink flusher, bowels, paper crosses and curry. That’s entertainment with a toilet thread.
Just need a good crossword and we could be here all day.
HAVE A NICE ONE!!!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Never apologise for starting a toilet thread. We all love them.
If your hose will reach, the shower head is a much more effective flusher than the actual flush. If you're a fettler you could even fit a dedicated one next to the loo only needs cold water.
A sort of bidet?

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Thetford actually designed the toilet very well so that both holes line up quite nicely so that anything falling due to gravity can pass without touching the sides. 😁
With the flap open you also save on water and bog brush usage.
Of course, if you've had a curry night then all bets are off. 😜

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Reading these threads about happy bowl liners and crossed squares of toilet paper I often find myself asking myself "are these people real" and are they really cut out for the "Rufty Tufty" motorhome way of life? Then I will see another thread like "How do I use the shower" I mean REALLY!! Surely if they are intelligent to post questions on a forum why they cannot find the answers to what they seek knowledge of by reading the manual???

Sorry bit of a rant there!

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
You can buy a bidet for Motorhoming it's like a plastic 2nd World war upside down British helmet 🙄placed in toilet ,add water , wife used once, then back to wipes, bidet now used as Sun hat !!🤸
I trust you cleaned it first.......!! ;)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the correct term for the small trigger activated shower beside the toilet is a Muslim shower or shataff which I assume translates as shitoff in English

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
the correct term for the small trigger activated shower beside the toilet is a Muslim shower or shataff which I assume translates as shitoff in English
Your breadth of knowledge makes me quite.....
eMOTIONal.....!

(I’ll get me coat...... :imoutahere: )

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Reading these threads about happy bowl liners and crossed squares of toilet paper I often find myself asking myself "are these people real" and are they really cut out for the "Rufty Tufty" motorhome way of life? Then I will see another thread like "How do I use the shower" I mean REALLY!! Surely if they are intelligent to post questions on a forum why they cannot find the answers to what they seek knowledge of by reading the manual???

Some people are practical others not quite so , my oldest son has a Class 1 Degree but not that practical, my other son decided not to try University , he is very practical. But we are proud of both.

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
The design of the Thetford loo is a modern wonder of engineering, as the necessary aperture is perfectly placed so that you can hit the target nearly every time. We can only wonder at the extensive research & experimentation the was needed to achieve this perfection. Just remember to open the bomb doors before you go.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

I do agree with you that it was a bit of a rant. But not a very welcoming one. We were all newbies once you know. Thank goodness nobody posted answers like yours when I was a newbie asking naive questions that you do not approve of. If they had I would not have been a member here for the last 7 years.

And, if you think that motorhoming has to be "rufty tufty", you are probably not doing it right. We rarely use camp sites but we can still live well in our fully equipped motorhome.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I do agree with you that it was a bit of a rant. But not a very welcoming one. We were all newbies once you know. Thank goodness nobody posted answers like yours when I was a newbie asking naive questions that you do not approve of. If they had I would not have been a member here for the last 7 years.

And, if you think that motorhoming has to be "rufty tufty", you are probably not doing it right. We rarely use camp sites but we can still live well in our fully equipped motorhome.
Our motorhome is far better quality than our first few marital homes and so much more comfortable. We certainly don't rough it, like rufty tufty campers although we did years ago, when it was common at rallies to have to dig an "elsan pit" at the start and fill over when we left

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My thought for the day'

You can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

I'll get my coat
Ah that old chestnut, I don't know if you aware that the tv show mythbusters took on the challenge and indeed succeeded in polishing a turd. All be it a dried out and semi fossilised turd from my recollection, but they broke the myth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back