Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
I wonder its possible to fit a macerator to a Thetford C250 cassette toilet which is what is fitted as standard?.

We have done this quite successfully on our cassette. All that is requires is 1/4" a flexible drive shaft available at any good tool shop, a cordless drill and an egg whisk. A friend of ours welded the whisk to the flexi drive and the other end of the drive fits in the chuck of the drill. Simply insert the device into the neck of the cassette and away you go. One tip, make sure you have a drill with the "slow start" facility or the initial splash back can be a bit unnerving. We now enjoy lump free emptying and frankly dont know how we would manage without this nifty device.

With tongues firmly in cheeks

The Tincas

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
We have done this quite successfully on our cassette. All that is requires is 1/4" a flexible drive shaft available at any good tool shop, a cordless drill and an egg whisk. A friend of ours welded the whisk to the flexi drive and the other end of the drive fits in the chuck of the drill. Simply insert the device into the neck of the cassette and away you go. One tip, make sure you have a drill with the "slow start" facility or the initial splash back can be a bit unnerving. We now enjoy lump free emptying and frankly dont know how we would manage without this nifty device.

The Tincas

I don't know, there may be some who might give it a try.:D

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

The Tincas
Do you give it a wipe before you make the omelette?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Many years ago, when I first owned a hotel , a guest came and complained her toilet wasn’t draining. I went to look and realised it was a ‘saniflow mascerator, which I had no experience of.

So I removed the top of the box, and the mascerator then started working, covering me and the bathroom in s**t. In future I always remembered to remove the fuse !!!:eek::eek::eek:.

I became an expert in unblocking them, but the guests never admitted to putting down tampax or wet wipes. It was a coaching hotel, with lots of old dears on very cheap holidays, but I still found the occasional condom:D

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Except the paper or do you have some tree hugging method?

Been to a few islands where even paper is not allowed down the bog -- has to go in the bin instead. Not surprisingly, bidets tend to be popular in those places!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back