POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Not on my old van
Oh forgot it was an Autotrail.. they maybe forgot to drill the hole !! :rofl: ;)
Hi Tonka, we have an Imala 730 and it has a filter which is under the cassette so how does that work, considering there is no hole in said cassette i can't see a hole under the floor??

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Ours continually smells of urea, regardless of gadgets, fans, potions etc. I think the “toilet cleaner” may have been rather too enthusiastic about cleaning the top surface of the sliding door where we think the pong is coming from. New cassette required, following internal disintegration of plastic parts. However, the boss is maybe correct, it’s the one surface that doesn’t get cleaned by “normal” means.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Tonka, we have an Imala 730 and it has a filter which is under the cassette so how does that work, considering there is no hole in said cassette i can't see a hole under the floor??
If you turn the cassette upside down you will see a hole and a tube going up through the cassette. That tube finishes near the top of the cassette and has a float valve on it to make sure water can't get in but air can. This breather tube is there in all C250 and C260 cassettes whether or not you have an extract fan.

As for going through the motorhome floor, if you lift the filter out there should be a hole in the floor about 2" diameter with a small electric fan inside the pipe and near the top of it. That pipe should go through the floor. Having said that I can remember a thread a year or two ago that said that Autotrail put the filter in his motorhome but did not bother with the fan or the hole. Doh :doh: :doh:

You will know if you have the fan because when you first press the flush button the toilet does not flush but the fan switched on and you can hear it. The second press of the flush button actually flushes the toilet.

Edit - got the bit I have just crossed out wrong. There is a spring seal for the pipe, but when you side the cassette in a raised piece in the floor of the cassette housing pushes the spring seal up and opens the breather tube up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
I was a bit confused when I first got the motorhome. I was expecting to see a fan somewhere as I have a place for the filter, the inbuilt vent in the body of the cassette and the hole in the floor, but no sign of a fan anywhere. I assume the Thetford toilets all have the above, and the fan must be an extra. See attached photos.

Attachments

• Base of toilet.JPG
    Base of toilet.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 43
  • SOG Filter holder.JPG
    SOG Filter holder.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Vent cover on top of cassette.JPG
    Vent cover on top of cassette.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 42
  • VENT with cover removed.JPG
    VENT with cover removed.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 41
  • under floor.JPG
    under floor.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 39
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If you turn the cassette upside down you will see a hole and a tube going up through the cassette. That tube finishes near the top of the cassette and has a float valve on it to make sure water can't get in but air can. This breather tube is there in all C250 and C260 cassettes whether or not you have an extract fan.

As for going through the motorhome floor, if you lift the filter out there should be a hole in the floor about 2" diameter with a small electric fan inside the pipe and near the top of it. That pipe should go through the floor. Having said that I can remember a thread a year or two ago that said that Autotrail put the filter in his motorhome but did not bother with the fan or the hole. Doh :doh: :doh:

You will know if you have the fan because when you first press the flush button the toilet does not flush but the fan switched on and you can hear it. The second press of the flush button actually flushes the toilet.

Edit - got the bit I have just crossed out wrong. There is a spring seal for the pipe, but when you side the cassette in a raised piece in the floor of the cassette housing pushes the spring seal up and opens the breather tube up.

That is exactly how mine works. And your crossed out section is also correct, as well as your edit.
The valve is opened by a raised section, but is also able to be closed via a float valve inside the cassette if it is full.

As you say, press flush button and fan runs, second press toilet flushes.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I was a bit confused when I first got the motorhome. I was expecting to see a fan somewhere as I have a place for the filter, the inbuilt vent in the body of the cassette and the hole in the floor, but no sign of a fan anywhere. I assume the Thetford toilets all have the above, and the fan must be an extra. See attached photos.
In your second photo you show the square hole/recess where the fan would fit if you had one fitted. You would then put filter on top then plastic cover.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The fan is a very small one that actually sits inside the pipe, or at least it is with mine. Looks like the bit of bent ali pop riveted underneath is to protect the outlet of the pipe. Why did they put all that in and not install the fan? Was your motorhome bought second hand? If so I wonder if the previous owner took the fan out.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
The fan is a very small one that actually sits inside the pipe, or at least it is with mine. Looks like the bit of bent ali pop riveted underneath is to protect the outlet of the pipe. Why did they put all that in and not install the fan? Was your motorhome bought second hand? If so I wonder if the previous owner took the fan out.
Peter the van was brought pre used (19months old) but was in almost brand new condition. the person who we brought it from was not the kind to tinker about with it. Also if the fan was there at some point I would expect to see some wires there. I dont suppose you could post a photo of the fan, please.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Andy does your fan sit at the top of the tube, or at the bottom (underneath the floor)
On the top of the tube.
in the square that I marked.

These are a couple of Internet photos that show it.
BC1AC588-E31A-4C2A-8B12-CE36DAD49EB4.jpeg
A956D6EE-F6E5-4C5A-971B-9F2CE9456599.jpeg

I think it is possibly an option, so not fitted to all, and can be bought as a kit.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Peter the van was brought pre used (19months old) but was in almost brand new condition. the person who we brought it from was not the kind to tinker about with it. Also if the fan was there at some point I would expect to see some wires there. I dont suppose you could post a photo of the fan, please.
Sorry it hss taken so long but here is a photo of mine
20191112_124319.jpg

I was wrong, it does not sit inside the pipe. It is on top of it.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Thanks Peterc10. Like AndyLandy says. its probably and option extra.

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
The carbon foam and the activated charcoal pellets have arrived , enough to do 100 filters probably. I've done a refurb and we're good to go. Pleased.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
All My R-V`s vented through the roof, from the "black tank" I had a little "sail" vent cowl on one! to direct the "effluvia" away :LOL: . Some times if driving with the Wash-room vent open it became a bit "pongy".:cry:. The SOG on the Rapido is currently non operational, there appears to be no power to it!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back