Toilet thread , before and after no before (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Well, today I have fitted a new toilet cassette in our PVC. No problems with it but thought it looked tired.
van is 5 years old but we have only had it for just over a year, but I imagine that the toilet cassette is the original fitting.
It all went very well and I can recommend the Thetford fresh up toilet set (90£ ) which includes a new toilet seat. Easy enough to fit either right or left hand bogs.
That said, I then thought I would keep the old cassette as a spare and went to clean it out. I was going to post before and after photos but the before photos were not suitable for public consumption. I’ve now given the old cassette a steam clean and it looks nearly new and will do as a spare cassette if I ever need one , but all I can say is for those people posting on here that they have a smell from their toilets it is well worth taking the cassette out and gaining access to it to give it a proper look/scrub inside. A clean out with water at the chemical point is fine for day to day but I’d recommend a full karcher or steam every now and again( the cassette not yer ass)
The amount of hard limescale deposit and other deposits (yuk) that built up on the plastic and mechanism over that five year period is pretty appalling.

86D853C0-F21A-4B3F-B07E-69F8EC64D60C.jpeg
2B52B46A-6611-4698-AA2E-C639A5CA82EE.jpeg

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I ended up soaking mine for days with lots of detergent and still ended up with arm stuck on it with a green scourer and it wasn't even my poo in there as its when id just bought the van aka bag of shit but I'm too frugal to buy a fresh up kit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We do the same with Lidl Bio detergent - first time we did it great lumps of black came away from the inside of it (didn't pong, but was still orrible to see) but now we don't get any build up of err, residue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M50

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2017
Derby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
As stated many times before on many forum pages I swear by full fat cheapest coke a cola you can find normally Lidl
Empty your cassette of the obvious Chuck in 4 litres of the black stuff drive around or leave in until next use then empty it before use it will be brand new

OP
OP
uzsnowdrop
Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
As stated many times before on many forum pages I swear by full fat cheapest coke a cola you can find normally Lidl
Empty your cassette of the obvious Chuck in 4 litres of the black stuff drive around or leave in until next use then empty it before use it will be brand new
Ice and lemon?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back