Toilet thread alert! - Bought a spare cassette but anyone know of a good bag for the full one? (2 Viewers)

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Although we carry a spare cassette, in practice it is rarely used. The ikea blue bag has been pressed into service on a couple of occassions though.
Then off to the bakery on the way back....💩💩💩

Aljan

Free Member
Oct 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi, We recently bought a second one too and had same issue. I found this coolbag on grasshopper leisure and it fits ours perfectly if you've got the same cartridge, I also pop a new carbon filter from the kitchen compost bin in the top to catch any oudor. Sorry it won't let me post a link to the page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413-093900_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220413-093900_Chrome.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 58
Aug 23, 2021
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 04
Exp
1 year
I’m loving everyone’s candid comments here- as a relative newbie I’ve only stayed on club sites so far and have always wondered how it works if you’re away from waste disposal facilities. I had even developed a bizarre conspiracy theory involving how lots of people own dogs and regularly visit doggy disposal bins. 😳The sneaky rucksack seems more plausible…😂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 10, 2022
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 Platinum
Exp
Campervanning for 5 years, now on our our second van. Mostly off-grid & remote park-ups
Like others, we use a lidded plastic box, which fits perfectly under the bed in our Ducato van conversion

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all, sorry yes it's a toilet thread.

Bought a spare thetford cassette in preparation for 2 weeks round Scotland in a couple of weeks to give us more time between sites etc.

However, for those of you that carry a full cassette what do you use to store it in "just in case" I mean a standard bin bags not going to be up to the job I imagine?
I made one. Bought waterproof canvas fabric off eBay & a very long large toothed plastic zip. Folded the fabric up (inside out) like a parcel around the new cassette & pined it together. Stitched the corner folds together on the sewing machine, cut off the excess, added a lid flap, turned it right side out & added the zip. Always have a puppy pad in the bottom just in case something went wrong (never has)… I always store it flat of course when it’s full! Works a treat 👍🏻

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I made one. Bought waterproof canvas fabric off eBay & a very long large toothed plastic zip. Folded the fabric up (inside out) like a parcel around the new cassette & pined it together. Stitched the corner folds together on the sewing machine, cut off the excess, added a lid flap, turned it right side out & added the zip. Always have a puppy pad in the bottom just in case something went wrong (never has)… I always store it flat of course when it’s full! Works a treat 👍🏻
Have you that of a cottage industry seems there a hole in the market 🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back