Toilet LMC 5600 Fiat Ducato 2.5 1991 (1 Viewer)

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Wonder if anyone can help. The above van, which we are viewing, has a flush toilet. It has a largish tank which you can wheel to the emptying place. There is no level indicator so there is no way of telling that it needs emptying. Has anyone had any experience of this kind of system? Also wondering what would happen if the tank needed replacing as I have been told that these vans were never imported into the UK and are quite rare here. Be grateful for any info on these. Thanks

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Not my field but i will stick my neck out,
LMC i believe is a german make /company and i would assume that they would use the same toilet that is in all motorhomes - that being a thetford for which parts are readily available.

You will find that the core things like cookers, fridges, toilets, sinks, showers, water tanks, gas fires/blown air heating are the same make accross the board no matter what the original van or conversion is

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
If it is thetford I would have thought that by 1991 it would have had a warning light that comes on when the tank is almost full. If so the light will be inside somewhere near the loo.

But its a bit of a guess, is there no makers label somewhere on the loo itself?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not my field but i will stick my neck out,
LMC i believe is a german make /company and i would assume that they would use the same toilet that is in all motorhomes - that being a thetford for which parts are readily available.

You will find that the core things like cookers, fridges, toilets, sinks, showers, water tanks, gas fires/blown air heating are the same make accross the board no matter what the original van or conversion is

Yes, they are German but we have never seen a toilet system like this so far in all the vans we've looked at. It's a proper flushing loo but I'm pretty sure it's not a thetford. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
If it is thetford I would have thought that by 1991 it would have had a warning light that comes on when the tank is almost full. If so the light will be inside somewhere near the loo.

But its a bit of a guess, is there no makers label somewhere on the loo itself?

There's no warning light and the waste tank is much bigger than the usual grey ones that we've seen in any other van. We are going for another viewing tomorrow so we can look for the manufacturer's name. At the moment we are trying to gather as much info as we can before tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Are you sure its not a black tank or in other words a marine tank,and the trolley is to wheel the contents away.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
is it like the one in this vehicle ? if so then it is a thetford

or is it like the one in this vehicle, this looks similar to some of the american toilets in rvs

Link Removed

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Are you sure its not a black tank or in other words a marine tank,and the trolley is to wheel the contents away.

We are going back tomorrow to look again but my OH thinks that one half was for water waste and the other for loo waste. The wheels were built in to the tank to enable you to wheel it. As I said, we've seen nothing like it before and the seller turned it into a bit of a joke so we weren't as vigilant as we might have been. Lovely loo though! :Smile:

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie

or is it like the one in this vehicle, this looks similar to some of the american toilets in rvs

Link Removed

I can't see the flush on those. I'm going to try and upload a pic which shows the back of the van. Then I can show where the tank is stored.

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Here's a photo of the back of the van. The waste tank is stored lengthways in the locker beneath the number plate. It isn't as long as the locker but a lot longer & wider than the thetford ones we've seen in every other van. Probably a good metre long and about half metre wide.

Attachments

• Van.jpg
    Van.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie

I've just found something on the internet. You are right. It looks like it's a holding tank which is the same as a marine tank. Thanks. Very helpful & knowledgeable as always :Smile:

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie

Link Removed

I've just managed to look at a pic in my camera (had to wait to charge battery up) of the toilet and yes it looks like the one in the 2nd link. Is that a thetford then? It doesn't say in the ad. Thanks

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Link Removed

Hopefully this is the link to LMC website ::bigsmile: There are a couple of dealers in UK and they are to be found on LMC site -hope this helps in some way.
We have an LMC Liberty 582 and have nothing bad to say about it.

Mike.

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Link Removed

Hopefully this is the link to LMC website ::bigsmile: There are a couple of dealers in UK and they are to be found on LMC site -hope this helps in some way.
We have an LMC Liberty 582 and have nothing bad to say about it.

Mike.

Yours looks like a lovely van. The one we're looking at is 1991 but we like it. Just trying to get some info about toilet/waste set up but have just spoken to the seller and he's given us the name of the toilet manufacturers. Thank you very much.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back