Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi all, arrived at Blair Drummond site yesterday, after setting up found the toilet pump is not working!. Checked the fuse, took the pump out - seems free to turn, but still not working. Toilet is thetford bench type.
It has done this before, but then suddenly started working for no apparent reason!
Any clues?
TIA
Cheers, Dave

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I had a similar problem on a 2002 Hymer.

Remove the cassette and check the mechanism that turns the blade which incorporates electrical wiring with a microswitch and fuse. On mine the wire had fractured due to the frequent rotating movement over time.

The microswitch only disables the pump function when the cassette is removed. If the microswitch is faulty you can remove it and join the wires either side.

You'll probably need to unscrew the rotating mechanism to effect a repair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Check the fuse. Mine had a fuse in the housing after the cassette is out about half way down it's a blade fuse. Do you have a multi meter?

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Check the fuse. Mine had a fuse in the housing after the cassette is out about half way down it's a blade fuse. Do you have a multi meter?
Yes I've taken the fuse out, it looked ok, not broken, but Iwill take it out again and test it. Thanks
Cheers, Dave

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I had a similar problem on a 2002 Hymer.

Remove the cassette and check the mechanism that turns the blade which incorporates electrical wiring with a microswitch and fuse. On mine the wire had fractured due to the frequent rotating movement over time.

The microswitch only disables the pump function when the cassette is removed. If the microswitch is faulty you can remove it and join the wires either side.

You'll probably need to unscrew the rotating mechanism to effect a repair.
I have checked the fuse, seems ok, I will try to do as you suggest re the switch, though I did push it in whilst Jenny tried the flush. I think the wires are still attached but will look again tomorrow.
Thanks, Dave

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
A mate's Thetford loo stopped working at Chester this year, we tried the pump direct on 12 volts and it was fine. He had to replace the small circuit board containing the flush switch which was located under the stuck on plastic facia.

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Checked the fuse in the wardrobe (after reading the wiring diagram) although it LOOKED ok, I tested it with my meter it wasn't working. Replaced it and now the toilet AND fridge ignition now working! I didn't realise the fridge was on the same circuit.
Cheers, Dave (y)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
WHERE did you manage to get a wiring diagram from for any vehicle nowadays? All of the seem to be top secret to make you go to an agent.

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
WHERE did you manage to get a wiring diagram from for any vehicle nowadays? All of the seem to be top secret to make you go to an agent.
Hi,@ Gwayway, it was in the original Autotrail handbook. I don't suppose they do them nowadays!
Cheers, Dave

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Hi,@ Gwayway, it was in the original Autotrail handbook. I don't suppose they do them nowadays!
Cheers, Dave
I am hard pressed to fin a fuse box diagram in my MB chassis and sod all for the Hymer body, the electrox box has someting in german though, OK for germans though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back