Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
On holiday in Holland and on the first flush of the electric toilet no water comes out. The motor whirs so 12 volts is there but no water comes out of the spout. It is a thetford so any clues before I hit their website?. Not sure if the pump is easily accessible as the motorhome paperwork does not have the Thetford toilet book.Luckily we have wifi here. Great site next to river Lek and Lekkerkerk. 13 euros a night including electric , hot showers and wifi that works. Are you listening Caravan Club.? Called camping De Nes. AND the sun is out too. Has Scotland gone yet?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
not sure what van you have barry but onmine there is a similar situation what you need to do is access the pump and you may well find that one of the pipes has come off the pump so therefore it is working but just not pulling water you can access it at the blue button at the top there is a little bit of a gap ritchie prize open there is in this some sticky stuff 2 hope that helps good luck off to holland in 5 weeks can't wait

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Use a saucepan or kettle .............

To Flush !

:D(y)

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Yes there is water in the tank as I said, and I know I could use a pan, but I hate things that do not work. Thanks for the guide to where the pump may be, on a quiet day I will get my toolkit out!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
on my van there is a fuse in the casket cabinet my one stopped working I replaced the glass fuse
edit as haggers says probably a hose or blocked pipe
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Can't be much wrong if the pumps running :)

Keef

Free Member
Jul 25, 2010
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
15 Years
Had the same problem, took the van back under warranty and they came to the conclusion that the water wasn't high enough even though we had put around three or more litres in

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
My flush comes straight from my water tank and uses the same pump as the fresh water etc

I'd check to make sure the supply hose hasn't come off and pumping water elsewhere

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Delay in replying due to internet service here going offline.
Took off the top plate as told , undid four screws which then allow you to pull out the pump. I looked at the end of the pump and was turning when the button was pushed, so put the pump into a water container and lo and behold it pumped water! Put it all back together again and everything is fine. Don't know why it did not pump before, no pipes off and plenty of water in the tank so maybe just moving everything sorted it. Have also glued back on an edge trim and the site has fixed the internet. Three things fixed in one day and a lovely trip around Rotterdam in the sun with our Dutch friends ....result. Lovely place to visit.

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Still sunny in Holland ,24 degrees centifried today!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back