LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Who is brave enough to admit buying it ? :LOL: ( the paper that is.. No idea what is on page 21 !!! )

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Jaws said:
Who is brave enough to admit buying it ? :LOL: ( the paper that is.. No idea what is on page 21 !!! )[/QUOTE
]
Only buy for the cartoons

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nope.. googled gass and got no where :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Here you go..... had to take 2 photo`s... hope they come out...

Must be "TRUE" it`s in the "Sun".... :RollEyes::rofl:

P1060574 (600 x 450).jpg
P1060575 (600 x 450).jpg

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
what a crock of shite.
Where is the evidence?
why blame Easten Europeans?
They "regually" target tourists in that area?

well seems like the safest thing to do is have a motorhome fun sticker, as if they are robbing people so bloody often then why isn't one of the biggest motorhome forum of travelers having a list of robbed members. So infuriated by this terible terrible bit of lazy journalism Ive emailed the reporter to ask for his evidence.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Why can't anyone say which gas it is, what is its use, is it toxic and life threatening, (in which case the french police should get their finger out before someone dies...) and finally, does anyone know of an alarm similar to a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm which would alert you to its presence?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Why can't anyone say which gas it is, what is its use, is it toxic and life threatening, (in which case the french police should get their finger out before someone dies...) and finally, does anyone know of an alarm similar to a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm which would alert you to its presence?

Has anyone, ever, met and spoken to victims first hand who have the evidence?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Just emailed Andy Crick and asked for names, evidence, places the name of the Hospital that the Police no doubt took two people who'd been rendered unconscious, due to the illegal poisoning of a narcotic substance.

Those sorts of questions

Eddie

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The police are just being helpful. The couple would have a real problem claiming on their insurance if the police said what they really thought. ;)

I assume you are guessing at this, or do you have evidence to back up this claim?

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
You say ... you were gassed
Riiigggghhhhtttt

Broken Link Removed

Or I put it to you;
Got ratted
Forgot to lock up
Woke up with head banging like a hookers headboard
Some work needed on the explanation needed for the insurance

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years

You can get methane detectors; they should do for detecting Bullsh*t.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
what a crock of shite.
Where is the evidence?
why blame Easten Europeans?
They "regually" target tourists in that area?

well seems like the safest thing to do is have a motorhome fun sticker, as if they are robbing people so bloody often then why isn't one of the biggest motorhome forum of travelers having a list of robbed members. So infuriated by this terible terrible bit of lazy journalism Ive emailed the reporter to ask for his evidence.

Just emailed Andy Crick and asked for names, evidence, places the name of the Hospital that the Police no doubt took two people who'd been rendered unconscious, due to the illegal poisoning of a narcotic substance.

Those sorts of questions

Eddie
Beat me to it. Anyone opening a book on whether he will answer? :D

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Pushing gas into the van is one thing, but how did the alleged thieves gain internal access? That would be useful to know.

Whilst such stories are difficult to believe, we might turn our attention to discussing how best to avoid being a victim should they turn out to be true. I have seen gas detectors on the market aimed at this type of attack, but surely they can't detect all types of narcotic gases and without knowing which type would be deployed what use are they?

So let's have some opinions as to what is the best defense. To kick off here are my suggestions:

External sensor security lights so no-one can operate outside in the dark
Secondary internally key operated locks on all access doors
A Strikeback alarm or similar
A safe
A two way roof fan which can create internal pressure to prevent gas being forced in through the front vents Front vents closed at night.
Front seats swiveled and locked in position with a bar so that the seatbacks impede entry through the cab doors
No windows left open and anti-swivel Lock-M-Out locks on all of them
Plugs left in all grey water drains to foil gas being injected up the grey water outlet pipe

Anyone care to add their thoughts?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Pushing gas into the van is one thing, but how did the alleged thieves gain internal access? That would be useful to know.

Whilst such stories are difficult to believe, we might turn our attention to discussing how best to avoid being a victim should they turn out to be true. I have seen gas detectors on the market aimed at this type of attack, but surely they can't detect all types of narcotic gases and without knowing which type would be deployed what use are they?

So let's have some opinions as to what is the best defense. To kick off here are my suggestions:

A safe
A two way roof fan which can create internal pressure to prevent gas being forced in through the front vents Front vents closed at night.
Front seats swiveled and locked in position with a bar so that the seatbacks impede entry through the cab doors
Plugs left in all grey water drains to foil gas being injected up the grey water outlet pipe

Clearly robberies do happen but gassing robberies don't.

Choosing a suitable place to park up is probably high up on the list of sensible counter measures. It doesn't cost anything either.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

A safe

A Main Battle Tank or Armoured Fighting Vehicle more or less fills most of those requirements, apart from the plugs in all the grey water drains.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We'll sod you lot of unbelievers........ We're off to buy a gas alarm..:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back