Todays daft question: Where's my water tank gone!!? (1 Viewer)

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi all
Spend the weekend getting our new to us Elddis Sunquest (Autoquest) 100 (2011 model on a 2012 plate) ready to go away next weekend. Had a play around with all the bits and pieces and everything looks to be working well.

Tested all the taps and the shower and then it ran out of water.

When we picked up the van from the dealers he showed us what to do fill up but just to be on the safe side I had a read of the manual.

It says that I can check the current water level of the inboard 45l fresh water tank. It also recommends that you watch the water tank when filling so it doesn't overfill and that it is located under the side bench seat.

All ready to fill, I connected the filler hose to the tap, dispatched the wife to watch the water tank didn't overflow and was just about to turn on the tap when she says "There's no water tank under the seat" - trying to describe what she should be looking for, she was certain there wasn't anything that looked like a tank only a red plastic box.

So I went into the van to check what was under the seat and I saw....

IMG_1458_zps4wlnel4l.jpg

Yes, where I thought the water tank should be is a wooden tray and the red box has a breakdown warning triangle in it. To the far right of the picture you can see a red and blue water pipe disappearing through the van floor. To the left is the whale pump and stuff and in front is the electric fuse board.

So, I have a handy place to store stuff but where has the water tank gone?

At the other side of the van, one seat has nothing under it and the other has what I think is the water heater and some other blown air pipes.

I struggle to get under the van, but from what I can see there is only a waste water tank - I will try and trace the fresh water drain tap tomorrow, but in the meantime does anyone else have an Autoquest 100 of similar age, where is your water tank? whats under your bench seat? and does anyone know if Elddis offered this as an upgrade?

Cheers
Richard

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It also recommends that you watch the water tank when filling so it doesn't overfill and that it is located under the side bench seat.

hmm if that is the case that is poor design.. it should either have an overflow pipe, or just fill until it comes out of the filling point.. why would you need to watch it inside the van ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know it's a totally different van , only thing in common , made by eldis, but our water tank is in the wardrobe, hth.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
edited looked at picture again under tray is that the wheel arch@

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
mmmm - I wouldnt expect to see hot water pipes on the cold water tank - on our 2003 Elddis Sunseeker25 the boiler was under the seat and the water tank was under the wardrobe but that was an older van.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,Richard we had an autquest some years back and the fresh water tank was under the wardrobe acessed via a wooden lid hidden away from view you could not see it from underneath the van as it was an internal tank shaped to fit behind and under the hanging space of the wardobe ,I just used to fill the tank to the brim and some came out from an overflow thats when I stopped filling.:)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi,Richard we had an autquest some years back and the fresh water tank was under the wardrobe acessed via a wooden lid hidden away from view you could not see it from underneath the van as it was an internal tank shaped to fit behind and under the hanging space of the wardobe ,I just used to fill the tank to the brim and some came out from an overflow thats when I stopped filling.:)
Yeah that's the one we have.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In our 2004 Autoquest 100 the water tank was under the rear facing dinette seat. The location that Mike and Chaser describe (wardrobe) is for the rear lounge model.
In each case the fresh water tank is just inboard of the filler inlet as shown at section 6-6 of the Broken Link Removed.

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi all

Had a look under the van today and seem to have found the waste and fresh water tanks.
Both underneath, which is not where the fresh water should be according to the manuals!

The picture below shows the 2 tanks - the left one is the waste. The right one is the fresh water and the white pipe goes to the drain down tap.

f44d8a06-ded8-4258-a795-07b0741a0cd9_zpsxxiocmwp.jpg

Still not sure why there underneath - maybe previous owner put in bigger tanks…

Richard

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
NEVER believe what is written in a manual....things get moved but rewriting manuals is expensive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back