Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Know that feeling!:thumb:
Hope it's all you planned.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Now the fun starts , enjoy :flyingwelcome: with a new van :thumb: the banner is for the new van, its amazing when the time comes around, have you got your Fun sticker for the window. amazing when you are travelling around Scotland who you bump in to.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
enjoy your new toy hope you have many years of happiness in it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
How did it go, any surprises :Smile:

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks everyone for your support (one engine works for me Brian :winky:). The van is fantastic and we are luvin it luvin it luvin it ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I will come back with a more detailed report next week. In Ripon at the moment staying outside a friends house (LOL) having stayed in Newark, Lincoln, York, Whitby and Rosedale Abbey so far :Smile:

Cheers for now :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Sounds as if you have got the right idea ::bigsmile:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
hi just booked for the Cheshire motorhome show .we went last year and they put some good shows on based on country and western music .this year its based on 50s and 60s music .ie roy orbison elvis everleys and more so looking forward to that. also toying with the idea of.buying another motorhome the one I have now is a 1998 fiat auto roller in excellent condition low mileage serviced every year and well looked after.the only thing im a bit dubious of I may get s more recent model but not in as good a condition as mine and have to spend money on. the main reason for me wanting to change is the length its 22ft and I need a 20ft one or slightely less as im thinking of having my front garden tarmacked and 22ft is too big for the plans.my wife says don't leave things as they are and save your money I just wonder if shes right regards steve n sue {oh the shows in july}

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thanks everyone for your support (one engine works for me Brian :winky:). The van is fantastic and we are luvin it luvin it luvin it ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I will come back with a more detailed report next week. [HI]In Ripon at the moment[/HI] staying outside a friends house (LOL) having stayed in [HI]Newark, Lincoln, York, Whitby and Rosedale Abbey so far[/HI] :Smile:

Cheers for now :thumb:

Holy Shoot, he's gone all full-timer on us............:thumb:

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We're back :)

Well then, we got back on Sunday after our 10 day 'delivery trip'...................Awsome!

The van has exceeded our expectations, we are very happy with it. The dealer was superb and despite a few minor hiccups the hand over went well.

We joined the Caravan Club in order to use CL's on our way back to Scotland. These proved to be a Godsend, the quality of sites ranged from nicely adequate to really quite fabulous and the price varied from £5.00 to £7.00. We did stay at two 'Club' sites and these cost £12.70 and £16.80.

The van is warm and toasty, easy to drive and returned 31mpg over 600 miles. We used 23.45 litres of gas so this averaged £1.70 per day for all our heating, cooking and fridge ::bigsmile:

We were surprised at how natural it all felt to be in the camper van ( as if we had done it all our life) and like many before us found ourselves thinking 'wish we had done this years ago!'

Parking up in small villages, car parks, or supermarkets was very easy (6 metres x 2 metres)

Of all things the cruise control turned out to be one of the best 'goodies' we had fitted.......it just makes the drive so easy and relaxing.

I found the engine and gearbox to be very smooth and 'happiest' between 1500 and 2000 revs (max torque @ 1800 rpm).

Procedure when turning up on site................ handbrake on, fridge on, glass of wine poured........... nice ::bigsmile: takes under 2 minutes ( I remember the days of caravanning!).

Six days back at work then another 3 day mini adventure......... let the games begin ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Very envious I have wait until the end of May before we can get away, still enjoy your van you've earned it

David

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
We got ours the same day as you. Sheer heaven to drive. Love it to bits. Got a few mid week breaks lined up. And awaaaaay we go.

G4OGE

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
Northwich,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Caravanning 30+ years
Good luck

Lucky people I hope it and you have many adventures::bigsmile: