Today I had an accident! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
No vehicle involved, No broken bones or blood just the odd expletive.
In my workroom I was painting a large sheet of plywood with black emulsion paint from a litre can placed in the centre of the board. All sitting on my patent workbench. Put down the brush, picked up a roller (gives a better finish). Roller pressure too great, board tipped off bench followed by brush and full pot of paint. They landed on a carpet in front of the white freezer where an interesting monochrome pattern developed while most of the paint stayed on the carpet or travelled beneath the freezer I grabbed a sponge (I keep them there) which was rock hard and rushed to the kitchen sink some way off which was full of dishes, So out into the garden where a tap with ice cold water slowly began to soften the sponge but not before nature demanded I should be elsewhere which proved difficult with hands soaked in black paint. It now started to rain as I learnt just how much paint a sponge does not hold, then there was the black dripping carpet to get out of the house. At this point, the garden tap I have used for years jammed on (Why?) Black handed into my toolbox for tools to repair the tap. After much knowledge gained about just how far black paint can spread and most paint cleared off most areas, my wife said I should have called her to help.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
You weren’t trying to make a ‘Black’ board was you ? Shouldn’t you have used ‘White’ paint ? 🥴🥴🥴🤪🥴🥴🤪🥴😇

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
In my experience, you don't even have to take the lid of black paint for it get everywhere. I have a similar tale of woe, but concerning some decorators, black paint, an unqualified thinning agent, and a brand new AMG Merc !!.
Sympathies, to miss quote the late great Dave Allen " May your god go with you ", or not!!
Mike

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Photo's? My concern with wet black hands was to get back to square one. I was already busy spreading black marks on me, the door handle, my trousers (etc:mad:) and I must confess it did not cross my mind to decorate my new laptop or my wife's Ipad to add to the scene of woe. Other than black grout between the floor tiles and the grotty carpet, now in the garden, most evidence has now left the room but not my memory. Thanks for the sympathy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Photo's? My concern with wet black hands was to get back to square one. I was already busy spreading black marks on me, the door handle, my trousers (etc:mad:) and I must confess it did not cross my mind to decorate my new laptop or my wife's Ipad to add to the scene of woe. Other than black grout between the floor tiles and the grotty carpet, now in the garden, most evidence has now left the room but not my memory. Thanks for the sympathy.
Cant multitask then ! 😈

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I was in my father in laws house one day many years ago ,the phone rang my father in law answered it I could hear the conversation it went something like this
your son has just put a tin of paint all over me ! What are you going to say about that ,he replied put him on the phone ,Why did you do that Ray ? She was getting on my wick dad she has been going on at me for days ! I was fed up so I poured it over her head while I was up the ladder ,father in law then asked was it gloss or emulsion ,Ray said it was 5 litres of white emulsion ,AT THAT POINT I left the house as I could not stop laughing .I was picturing the scene at my brother in laws house .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sympathise. It always seems to happen to me too - a minor mishap turns into a major disaster area because everything else goes wrong as you try to sort it out. It's called Sods Law!

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
PHEWWW Lucky escape then not 5 litre tin eh.
1615546201761.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Oops, sorry I laughed rosalan but had a wonderful scene going onin my head, glad all sorted without too much hassle.
I made a right mess of our kitchen sink before being reminded we now have an outside tap, not pint though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back