LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well to go with my other super weird car I am about to purchase a peaugot 1007 tiptronic.

yes I know it has sliding doors and looks kinda weird. But I need a small car that I can put a big dog in. Somehow it fits the bill. It has loads of goodies, in fact loads and loads at a rock bottom price.
So what I need to know is about toading it it. I thought having a small car why not toad it. however it is one of these tiptronic gear boxes, you know the sort without a clutch but you can change gear as if your racing a formula 1 car.

Does anyone know if these can be towed? also anyone any idea what it will cost for me to a frame it?

Regards Paul.:thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well to go with my other super weird car I am about to purchase a peaugot 1007 tiptronic.

yes I know it has sliding doors and looks kinda weird. But I need a small car that I can put a big dog in. Somehow it fits the bill. It has loads of goodies, in fact loads and loads at a rock bottom price.
So what I need to know is about toading it it. I thought having a small car why not toad it. however it is one of these tiptronic gear boxes, you know the sort without a clutch but you can change gear as if your racing a formula 1 car.

Does anyone know if these can be towed? also anyone any idea what it will cost for me to a frame it?

Regards Paul.:thumb:

i am thinking tiptronic would be electricaly selected manual gearbox

which is a differant auto system to a convential toque converter

does seem a lot more cars are becoming tiptronic types
even fiat duccatos are in on it(comfortmatic)
and the nemo type van/car made under fiat name

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
thanks tofo.

yes I mean one of those semi auto cars. the sort whereby its clutchles but you can change gear with a paddle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

onan

Free Member
Aug 6, 2008
Funster No
I have had a 1007 automatic on an Towtal A frame for 20 months. No problems so far. The owner of Towtal had an auto 1007 on an A frame as his own vehicle and also never had any problems. The only problem with this car is the doors have a tendancy to either open or close when you don't expect it. You need to keep the door contacts clean and dry.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I have had a 1007 automatic on an Towtal A frame for 20 months. No problems so far. The owner of Towtal had an auto 1007 on an A frame as his own vehicle and also never had any problems. The only problem with this car is the doors have a tendancy to either open or close when you don't expect it. You need to keep the door contacts clean and dry.

Thanks Onan, was that towtal in Stoke? if so any idea on cost?
regards

onan

Free Member
Aug 6, 2008
Funster No
Yes, Towtal in Stoke. Not too sure what the exact price was (possibly £850) It was more expensive than a couple of other suppliers, but you need to compare the quality of the steel/alloy as I know of 2 lightweight A frames which have broken whilst towing. When comparing prices take the fuel into account for the journey. Important as my RV does 10mpg.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
think you may have to look at the rear overhang of the towing truck first

you may be whipping the little fella all over the place when going through tight turns

Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
thanks tofo.

yes I mean one of those semi auto cars. the sort whereby its clutchles but you can change gear with a paddle.

think you will find it has a clutch (conventional manual gearbox with an automatic gear shift and electrically operated clutch)just no clutch pedal to rest your foot on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back