TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Good Morning
Insurance up on the toad. after having two conversations with insurance companies and trying to explain what an Aframe is I have finally lost the will to live.

can anyone recommend an insurance company that is A Frame Savvy

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi TCG

The National Farmers Union sorted us out and confirmed that they provided Full Comprehensive Cover including when attached being towed. Some insurers say the whilst they provide Comprehensive Insurance on the vehicle when it is being towed it is 3rd party only.

• Thanks
Reactions: TCG

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
When you find one that does you will more than likely find your toad is covered 3rd party only to the value of the insurance companies maximum trailer value
Your tow car insurance covers it for when its detached i dont think from experiance the cover your looking for exists

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi TCG

The National Farmers Union sorted us out and confirmed that they insured the Toad fully comprehensive when attached being towed. Some insurers say the whilst they provide Comprehensive Insurance on the vehicle when it is being towed it is 3rd party only.
They told me mine wasnt helpfull to get it in writing

• Thanks

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Geo

Don't have the documents now as we no longer have a Toad but they did confirm it in writing. They did have to contact someone in the business to sort the issue out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think if your van is insured with Comfort they will give full cover on the car but I don't think their car insurance is cheap.

• Thanks

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
They told me mine wasnt helpfull to get it in writing
I ought to write a book on the subject, the question, is my "Toad" covered? is more often than not answered with a simple yes it is, is it covered fully comp? will also get a simple yes it is.
It's what they are not saying that is the all important bit.
They are of course not telling lies it is covered all fully comp but under their trailer policies in most cases
This all came to light when I as a garage owner with recovery policies in place and carrying customers cars had to make sure they were really covered in all cases,
To cover your Toad properly is no easy task, even on a trailer it is only covered 3rd party, The Mo Ho is fully comp under its own policy, the Trailer s fully comp under the Mo Ho trailer section but the Toad needs "Goods in Transit" policy in place to be protected in all circumstances and getting goods in transit cover without a business is another story.
When unhitched or off the trailer the Toad is then on its own fully comp policy as per normal road use, It wont cover the car Fully Comp when hitched
If you believe you have got the cover you need, well done, all you have to hope for is you asked the right questions and phrased them correctly so the insurer knows EXACTLY what your doing. the office clerk will more likely than not just say yes as he /she cant comprehend a driverless car being towed behind a motor home.
the clerks conversation and opinion CAN NOT be relied upon. A written confirmation will help in any dispute

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back