To vignette or not to vignette? (1 Viewer)

Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
Erm, I'm confused - all the advice appears to be if you are travelling through Switzerland and your van is under 3.5 tonnes you can buy a vignette, if over 3.5 tonne you complete paperwork & pay at the border. We have a Rapido 9048df, plated at exactly 3.5 tonnes. Which category do we fit into?
My profuse apologies if this has been covered many times before, but I haven't managed to find the answer yet. I'm thinking about next year's 6 week trip, possibly down to Italy through Switzerland, mostly avoiding motorways but would like to be able to use them if needed. (This research is an excellent excuse to stay indoors in the coolest room in the house!)
Thanks for your help,
Attila

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just stop and pay at the border, you will need to show your V5 which confirms the weight.
From memory it costs about 25 Euro for 10 x 1 day passes.
You can also pay for a month, which is what we did

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I'm pretty sure it's 3.5t and below...
We have always got a vignette in advance..never had a problem and were a little over 3.5t.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
We got our 12 month vignette in advance for our up to 3500kg Camper. As regards the price if bought at the border, it can be seen in this photo that was taken as we entered Switzerland a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_0707.JPG

Apr 2, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
A key point of difference in Switzerland is that if 3500kg or under, you need an annual vignette, to travel on motorways. Otherwise, you don't need one. If over 3500kg, you need the daily HGV tax as detailed above. You need this for every day your vehicle is in the country, whether on the roads or not. you sign off in a box on the form each day your vehicle is in the country. And yes, they do check. You can't get the HGV tax paper work at all border crossings - it's primarily the main crossing points.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back