Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi all

They have let us change to July at the discounted cost of £90. Facebook was my friend in the end!! I started subtle then the plan was to ramp it up.

I got an email from the head of customer services then a phone call to say we could in fact have the discount after all. A little reference was made to the Facebook post I made, so yes social media does have it's place!!

I amended the ferry for a cost of £12.50 so all in all I'm happy with the result in the end took some doing though. We are disappointed and according to the kids it's all my fault - how they work that out I don't know(y)(y) but I suppose that's nothing compared to the hassle we could have had.

Husband says next holiday book we will be driving straight through France and into another country but we'll see.

Safe travels everyone x

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
We will be popping into Parc Verger for a few days in about two weeks ( to check up on the residents of the naughty corner), so this is reassuring. Thank you

Lorraine x

Hi to you all. We are located in the limousin valley and we do not have any problems regarding fuel. The supermarkets around are selling fuel with no restrictions. The main reason is that all the fuel that we get in this area comes from La Rochelle and Bordeaux. not from the North.

We have guests on site who have bought fuel over the last few days again without any restrictions or queues.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Pleased to hear you got it sorted, let them go choke on a baguette or two and have yourselves a safer holiday in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're still going come what may.

The only question is whether the route to and from Italy changes.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I have just spoken to my friends who live in mussidan near Bergerac. I mentioned the fuel issue and they informed me that they have not been affected by this and they don't think they will be. He is a builder so getting fuel regularly.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We have friends living in the Loire Valley and they told us today they have fuel restrictions, some garages have a 30 euro limit others 20 litres.
Happy for all of you that are in a fuel rich area but we had planned to drive down the east of France than back up through the centre wandering over to the west and just don`t think it`s worth the risk of running out of fuel when with a little planning we have managed to switch our travels into Switzerland and Italy, we will now also get to pass through Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and Belgium.
Oh heavens all that different Currency, it`s an adventure for sure.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We too are Still going. Will fill up fore leaving uk and top up a fair bit as and when. Nothing wld induce us to have cold expensive staycations. Today was always gonna be tough with general strike. We have to go anyway....... we're running out of Provencal rose !!! :eek: :wine:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yesterday at Concarneau we queued for 20mins at LeCerc for our 20Lts then went up the roar to an Indy and got as much as we wanted. On our travels yesterday we saw several garages without major queues.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We saw the odd garage in the Maritime Alps with diesel yesterday but we also saw some with the diesel pumps wrapped up with tape.

I can only suggest anyone planning to come to the south stays as far east as possible and always keeps enough fuel in the tank to get over the border. The signs are not good politically for this being sorted soon from what I read.

This might also be one occasion when it might be sensible to use the toll roads, travelling steadily for best MPG - but don't run out of fuel! :)

Edit: Ignore my advice about motorways - there are reports if them being blockaded.

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Things might be heading towards a resolution. According to the BBC News website the French Prime Minister has hinted the reforms could be "modified". And France is hosting some Euro football match thingy in two weeks! The latter might focus minds. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back