To Shower or not to Shower (in the motorhome) that is the question.. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
We use whatever is the easiest at the time.
The shower and toilet are seperate on our MH which makes it soooo much better, in our opinion.
At steam rallies there are often primitive facilities, so the MH is used all the time. Drives SWMBO mad when I arrive back from the beer tent at midnight or later, black as a coal miner, and proceed to shower myself. Well, I have to, or she won't let me into bed :Blush: :Doh:
If we are on a site which has good facilities we will use them sometimes, but if it is chucking it down outside, then it's the MH every time.
The toilet is there for a reason, so it gets used as necessary.
The oven, grill, hobs and microwave all get used as well.
Filling up with fresh water and getting rid of grey water is no big chore if you use the methods that have already been mentioned.

What's the point in paying out for all these things and then not using them ?
Being comfortable is what it is all about for us. As SWMBO says "I don't do canvas" The nearest she gets to canvas is when I put the awning out :ROFLMAO:

That made me laugh and brought back memories of both when I was a coalman's boy and how black I used to get, so I know what that's like (isn't it funny how us men like the smell of coal, or am I being kinky again:winky:) and the second is of my discovery of Stowpressed Cider in the tent at the end of the site I was in last year at the GDSF. It must have been a bad batch as it made my legs so wobbly, my brain stopped working and my mouth moved more (must of contain female hormones I reckon as I couldn't shut up and talked rubbish :ROFLMAO: now I'm in trouble again) and then staggered back to the van and into the shower before being "allowed" into bed::bigsmile:

:thumb::thumb:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I fully intend to use the motorhome facilities & not sit on some nasty crapper or get verrucas from the shower floor. That's one of the reasons I bought the 115 as it has a decent size shower/toilet facility for a 2 berth.

And...er well as the shower is handy it will act as a Wudu!....And anyone who professes to be green should be using the same thing, because toilet paper is a very bad pollutant.....in terms of tree cutting to electricity consumption..... and disposal, Do you fold or scrunch...no you pollute!

I have also bought a 50 metre lay flat hose in the hope I can park nearish to a tap and not have to move the MH everytime I need a fill up, and I also have a magic bucket for grey water :ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have no particular rules, if the showers are clean and warm then we will use them. On the other hand if they are iffy in any way then we will use the shower in the van. One thing though we always wear flip flops in public shower, in my OH opinion nothing is written in stone since we have retired he says that about most things.

Same as you Carol. Sometimes we use the van but if the site showers look good then we use those, but always shower with crocs on. As for the loo and washing up, use the van loo and if the washing up place is too far, or sometimes closed. Why to some campsites lock the washing up facility at 9pm! Seems a daft rule to me. If you dine late or with friends then the best bit is sitting around talking, not rushing off to wash up. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I fully intend to use the motorhome facilities & not sit on some nasty crapper or get verrucas from the shower floor. That's one of the reasons I bought the 115 as it has a decent size shower/toilet facility for a 2 berth.

And...er well as the shower is handy it will act as a Wudu!....And anyone who professes to be green should be using the same thing, because toilet paper is a very bad pollutant.....in terms of tree cutting to electricity consumption..... and disposal, Do you fold or scrunch...no you pollute!

I have also bought a 50 metre lay flat hose in the hope I can park nearish to a tap and not have to move the MH everytime I need a fill up, and I also have a magic bucket for grey water :ROFLMAO:

Don't think I've ever moved to fill up. If its not within reach of a hose I use a20lt Jerry can and flexi funnel when required and the same with taking the grey away :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

And...er well as the shower is handy [HI][HI][HI] it will act as a Wudu!..[/HI][/HI][/HI]....And anyone who professes to be green should be using the same thing, because toilet paper is a very bad pollutant.....in terms of tree cutting to electricity consumption..... and disposal, Do you fold or scrunch...no you pollute!

it will act as a Wudu!.. A what???

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
wudu = hand held bottom declutterer :Eeek:

Link Removed

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I got one of those!
When I saw the e-bay ad, it thought the spelling was wrong, it said 'Shataff', unless it's a cockney selling it.

Craig

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Our motorhome shower is a bit awkward to use and the pressure is poor. We replaced the pump thinking it would help but it hasn't. So we use the site showers if they are good and the MH if not.
The thing I can't understand is that the washbasin, which is just yards from the shower has great pressure but the shower isn't.
I am so envious of those with big powerful showers in the van. If we had one of those I'd use it all the time.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Our motorhome shower is a bit awkward to use and the pressure is poor. We replaced the pump thinking it would help but it hasn't. So we use the site showers if they are good and the MH if not.
The thing I can't understand is that the washbasin, which is just yards from the shower has great pressure but the shower isn't.
I am so envious of those with big powerful showers in the van. If we had one of those I'd use it all the time.

Sounds like a blockage or kink in the pipe is your problem.

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
wudu = hand held bottom declutterer

is this a fancy name for toilet paper ! ??????

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Showers!

When we got first motorhome We were so poower Mam would fill tin bath wi cold water an’t dunk bairns int it in t’awning.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Showers!

When we got first motorhome We were so poower Mam would fill tin bath wi cold water an’t dunk bairns int it in t’awning.

eeeeeh......luxury.....we was so poor we to bathe int locals ornamental ponds and use ornamental fountain as shower.......

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
What a lovely coincidence that someone with a forum name of weejohn is commenting on a thread about the smallest room in the motorhome!

Its quality that counts man, quality!!!:thumb:

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
When we had a Motorhome we always used the shower on board, one of the main attractions of having a MH is to have all our own facilities available.

When we buy the next one having a seperate shower I.e. not all in with the loo etc so everything gets soaked is a major factor hence we have increased the length we are going to go for from 18 to 20ft to 20 to 24ft

Cheers
G

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We don't even have a uniform view in our van. SWMBO always uses site showers, unless they are totally disgusting. I always use the MH shower regardless.
Our shower is separate though. In our last van it was a wet room and such a bother to use that even I used the site facilities occassionly.
Usually wash up in the van but sometimes join the social circle at the wash up area, if thye weathers nice.

No problem with water, if staying in one place for a while I use my aquaroll and pump to fill up, and a bucket to empty. Always dump all the waste on leaving a site if there are facilties, and also fill up with water.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back