Free Member
Jun 4, 2013
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
One year
Went into my local MH dealer this afternoon with a view to sell my Adria as my spine fractures are getting worse (Myeloma in remission as I said earlier this week).
Anyway the dealer would be happy to buy or sell on my behalf, however I looked at a new Sun Living with twin beds and thought would this overcome my back problems? Didn't like the Sun Living as it seems much smaller on internal to my Adria, although only 3 or 4" shorter.

On the way back to the showroom, sods law took me past a Burstner 1.5 m longer than Adria and I fell in love with it!!! Now can't decide if I want to continue MHing with ultimate luxury or sell up! The money's not doing any good in the bank and you can't spend in a shroud.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you can enjoy your motorhoming with a new motorhome with a suitable lay out go for it, (y)

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
We are only here once, if the Burstner will be comfortable for you-do it!
Don't sit at home wishing you were in a MH and out.
Good luck with whatever you decide
LC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Obviously it has to be your decision but you you may well regret giving up a passtime that you so enjoy.
Go for it and enjoy (y)(y)(y)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Went into my local MH dealer this afternoon with a view to sell my Adria as my spine fractures are getting worse (Myeloma in remission as I said earlier this week).
Anyway the dealer would be happy to buy or sell on my behalf, however I looked at a new Sun Living with twin beds and thought would this overcome my back problems? Didn't like the Sun Living as it seems much smaller on internal to my Adria, although only 3 or 4" shorter.

On the way back to the showroom, sods law took me past a Burstner 1.5 m longer than Adria and I fell in love with it!!! Now can't decide if I want to continue MHing with ultimate luxury or sell up! The money's not doing any good in the bank and you can't spend in a shroud.

If you are even asking the question you know what you want to do..... so go for it. (y) In life it mostly seems to be the things which one didn't buy that cause regrets.

My old Dad used to say "An extravagance is never regretted - it's the things you don't buy you regret" and he was pretty mean with money.;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tempting isn't it! Now put your money away and sit down and think long and hard of what EXACTLY causes you the issues that made you think of selling your current van - write them down so you don't forget anything important, now write down how a different layout/MH might make them easier/go away completely. Then, and only then, will you have a clear picture of whether or not it really makes sense! It is all too easy to make the mistake of thinking that a different van will solve your problems to only find that it doesn't live up to your hopes/expectations and could throw up new issues - I've heard this from various parties over the years and quite a few regretted the 'rush' to buy something that in the end still caused issues and/or didn't make life any easier.

So, if it DOES work for you after you've given it a lot of thought then IMV go get it ... or at least something that IS suitable if this one isn't ... but ONLY after you have done a proper 'analysis' of your situation.

You can't take your money with you, that's true, but if you end up with a vehicle which you can't use and have spent a large amount of money on it, it will make you feel even worse!!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If you buy what you want, and have the money you, get to enjoy it, money is promissory note sitting in an imaginary safe place losing what value it had everyday . I f you have a disease sitting over you then use what you have to give yourself pleasure rather than give it over to the HMRC as inheritance tax, Motor vehicle do not count as assets but they are bloody nice to have if you can use them. GO FOR IT.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Life is not a rehearsal. If you can afford it go for it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back