To poo ... or not to poo ... that is the question (1 Viewer)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, far as i'm concerned, its there to be used.

I always use chemical, which seems to magically break down all the solids, and there are definately no smells.
Keep a nice smelling soap open in the bathroom.
Same as Pat, used loo paper in bin, but poo paper down loo.
Always quick flush before and after use, and if bowl not clean, wipe it with disposable antibacterial wipes, or baby wipes-not to let it build up.
Alway use pink chemical in the flush water.
And lastly, empty cassette on site, and when I get home, wash it with hot soapy water and polish with wax furniture polish, help things slide (but I may investigate the wax suggested previously)
My loo is white and I 'ope to keep it that way:ROFLMAO:
An interesting subject.......

S

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Then theres this one from the film RV (Good film by the way if you havnt seen it yet!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUauH7is7qY&feature=related[/ame]

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
Its there to be used and we use it, I aint spending money on diesel hauling something I am not using.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Lift lid...preflush toilet....poo into water in pan, dont get too high... pull lever...reflush..job or in this case jobbie done.... simples :thumb:

ritaderek

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
Exp
if there's an alternative go there!
I have yet to see any ladies emptying a thetford!
In solidarity with Greece paper doesn't go into the loo but a bag alongside!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if there's an alternative go there!
I have yet to see any ladies emptying a thetford!
In solidarity with Greece paper doesn't go into the loo but a bag alongside!

You need to put your glasses on or park nearer the disposal point, there are plenty of ladies that empty their toilet cassettes, there are plenty of ladies that are solo or lady and children only campers not only in motorhomes but in caravans as well.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I do, and thats how I know it doesn't smell:ROFLMAO:
S

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I dewn't pooooo..... I am a ladeee.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well , we all poo in the loo. I cant poo in public loos, never have been able to. ::bigsmile:
There are 5 of us 2 adults and 2x13 year olds and 1x 15 year old . So lots of poos. :ROFLMAO:
We use chemical in the cassette , and a specifically made green gel type spray , to help things slide away:RollEyes: in the bowl.
Open the hatch , sit on the loo properly , and 9 times out of 10 it goes straight in :roflmto:

What i cant get my head round is people not using chemicals cos they are too expensive. What do you call expensive ?
(I dont mean to be disrespectful in the slightest by my comment either.)
If you can afford a MH , surely you can afford toilet chemicals.
We bought our last lot of chemicals from ebay, 3 little black bottles that you dilute right down for well under £10. We empty our loo virtually every day too being a family , and these 3 bottles will last us ages.
These particular ones , we bought , are the type used in builders portable loos. It doesn't contain formaldehyde or other nasties and can be flushed away the normal way. AND it worked out cheaper than the pink n blue stuff. It's also got a stronger scent than the pink n blue stuff and you only need a tiny drop in the cassette.
Even the stuff you get from caravan MH stores works out cheap enough as it goes a long way. We used the pink n blue bottles for years with our previous caravans. Not the cheap version either as we found it neither use nor ornament ! False economy , cheaper , but you had to use more and it wasn't as effective.

The only downside with the MH is that it doesn't have a flushing tank you can put the pink flush stuff into. Hence using the green gel you spray in the pan, its scented too.
As for not wanting to smell out the MH.:Doh:
Are people not more embarrassed strangers smelling your poo, than your own family :Blush:
Open a window, wash your hands with a nice scented squirty soap , if its still stinky , squirt an air freshener. :thumb:
Ralph empties the cassette BTW or id be like the woman on the you-tube vid !!

One tip i do have is:- ( sorry if I'm trying to teach grandma s to suck eggs BTW )
fill a small plastic pop bottle with liquid washing powder, surf small n mighty in our case. Keep it in the MH.
After emptying your waste water tank Pour some surf liquid down both sinks. I always put a couple of kettlefulls of boiling water down first. Leave it in there. Then all the other sink water goes into it and you dont get a drainy smell up your plug hole.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
you know your all talking a lot of shxxt:Smile:

Far worse than that. It's a thread potty training middle aged olde fartes.

5 pages of potty training olde fartes.

What the hell happens when one of these people first encounters A French Toilet :RollEyes:

PS: oops 6 pages of potty training olde fartes.

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Far worse than that. It's a thread potty training middle aged olde fartes.

5 pages of potty training olde fartes.

What the hell happens when one of these people first encounters A French Toilet :RollEyes:

PS: oops 6 pages of potty training olde fartes.

now you wouldnt be meaning the good old hole in the ground one would you, best not go there that requires balance as well.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Having only just dropped into this thread - great programmes on old railways last night on telly, change from b--- politicos, I'll start by thanking Liane for bringing this up. It certainly tickled my fancy.

Now, now, Movan - what do you think HM was doing? Surely, it's the Royal "wee".

I could go on, as usual, but I'll leave the rest of you flushed with success, and try to find something else in lieu... there's always something in the paper.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I could go on, as usual, but I'll leave the rest of you flushed with success, and try to find something else in lieu... there's always something in the paper.

May god have mercy on your soul.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
"May god have mercy on your soul.

Ah! My soul...

GregM

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
June 09
We have kids, but its not just them who need to go:)

If there are facilities available then we make use of them but only to lessen the weight:), if there are no facilities then we open the flap and bomb away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back