Title deleted (1 Viewer)

john wilson

Free Member
Aug 29, 2018
Funster No
Popped in to look at used Motorhomes saw one we liked and asked them to look at our van. The owner and another 2 staff looked outside and inside said it was all good. They would be happy to do a deal providing the get a mechanical check on our van. We left it for three weeks and negotiated a trade in price and I left a £500 deposit. I then took the van back to them after taking all our stuff out and cleaning to be checked. The van i was buying was marked on there website as SOLD. A few days later i got a call from Mr Xxx the owner and he said their was a couple of minor things wrong but not a problem but we have over valued your van. They were giving me a £2700 PX and he said it was only worth £16000. To say the least i was disappointed and very angry after me paying a deposit etc. My friend who went along with me the first day was wanting to buy new they never got back to him so he went to another dealer and spent £70K. BEWARE i have 5 other friends with motorhomes and none of us will step foot in the place ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Popped in to look at used Motorhomes saw one we liked and asked them to look at our van. The owner and another 2 staff looked outside and inside said it was all good. They would be happy to do a deal providing the get a mechanical check on our van. We left it for three weeks and negotiated a trade in price and I left a £500 deposit. I then took the van back to them after taking all our stuff out and cleaning to be checked. The van i was buying was marked on there website as SOLD. A few days later i got a call from Mr Xxx the owner and he said their was a couple of minor things wrong but not a problem but we have over valued your van. They were giving me a £2700 PX and he said it was only worth £16000. To say the least i was disappointed and very angry after me paying a deposit etc. My friend who went along with me the first day was wanting to buy new they never got back to him so he went to another dealer and spent £70K. BEWARE i have 5 other friends with motorhomes and none of us will step foot in the place ever again.
Did you get your deposit back, I wonder if he sold the can to another punter who had a more attractive trade in.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John we have no idea who you are, you could be that companies competition from across the road just bad mouthing them. (That’s happened here a few times). So I’ve deleted the name of the company to protect myself. Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
What the hell was wrong with it to knock £11,000 off yours? Did he tell you?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back