Free Member
Jul 7, 2010
Greatstone on Sea, Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2009
My dog has just had her Rabies booster and we have to wait thirty days before we can get a titer test done for her which is cutting it fine for getting the results back before we travel to France/Spain/Portugal on the 13th October. I'm wondering about getting it done overseas, probably Spain. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results there and the approximate cost?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We asked a vet in benidorm and she had Text you copy will automatically show hereto check. Turns out it was around 200 euros for the test plus her fee of 30 euros plus we would have had to go to alicanti to have papers certified etc, a bit of a pain and cost. Best if you can get it done in the UK.
When we spoke to our vet re blood tests he advised that as long as we went into Europe before the 31st Oct we could bring the dog back on the original passport without a titre test. If we went after the 31st then it would depend on a deal or no deal, going before the 31st wasn't an issue.

OP
OP
Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor

Free Member
Jul 7, 2010
Greatstone on Sea, Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2009
My Vet advised today that I may need it to get back in but everywhere I have looked says we'll be OK without, tbh I don't mind getting it done as it's for life and I imagine that I will need it in the future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 22, 2013
Altrincham
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718xlb
Exp
I was a newbie
As far as i am aware, if you go out before a possible no deal and come back after that day you have no probs with the passport... i see what you mean about the rabies test but i am sure it needs to be done every 3 years so i will only do it if i have to and eek every last day out of it! Have a good trip....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back