BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Dose any one know of a good place to stay with my motorhome near to the tissington trail .
That is not over the top on site fees I want to stay one or two nights Not buy the place.....lol
I want to bike ride there. Thank you . John... (Bonzo)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Callowtop is a nice site and convienient for Tissington Trail. There is a large layby just a few hundred yards from the start of the trail ideal to park the M/H, if you can find cheap CL / site else where

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There's loads of farms that do it , not neceserly in any books

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
There's one just further up from callow top with direct access,not sure of the name, Highfield rings a bell, I'll google some more.

Have you done this before? as the last time we did it(admittedly some time ago) it felt like a main road and you had lots of walkers on here too. And the obvious - it's not circular.

Agree with Hilldweller, round Carsington is very nice, if you want a longer ride have you done Rutland water, several good cl's adjacent?

I do appreciate that Rutland is a completely different part of the country:D

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Highfields is now called Ashbourne heights, we used to have a static on there. They are not cheap and they will be closed for motorhomes this time of year.
Try Washbrook farm, it shares the same driveway as Ashbourne heights.
It is right on the Tissington trail and is a certificated site.
Mr & Mrs Webster tel 01335 350256 or 07968 709145
DE6 1LE
pm me if you want to ask anything, spent 11 years round that area.
Dave.

Last edited:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
The Jug and Glass Inn (53.150044,-1.766907), on the A515 Newhaven/Buxton road, about a field away from the Tissington Trail.

Also Brundcliffe Farm (53.15085,-1.758962) (£13 per night incs Wifi, EHU) at the side of the Trail about half a mile from the Jug and Glass.

If you need any more let me know.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
If you want,"Cheap as chips", NO hidden agenda !. There is a farm field just as you turn right off the Wirksworth rd/Ashbourne rd for Carsington Res,directly on the right,a couple of years ago,it was £4.50. There is also another two just past the Res. on the left,first is a n ordinary,(Not CC/CCaC),second a CC site,then if you are a..."Stella person". There is the knockerdown pub,thjis is on the Belper to Ashbourne road,near a village called Bradley,home of a one man band,"Birch Logistics "! Oh thrice LOL..
His Pipes,(Exhaust noise) will not disturb you,he starts about 09.00 hrs,and is home for about 14.30 hrs. (he is scared of the dark LOL).
Hope this helps,all the above are VERY good sites,have fun.
Tea Bag
PS. If i had a pound for every ton i hauled up/around and down that area,my address would be............ BERMUDA !!

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
WE stayed at the Rivendale park site last year when cycling the Tissington Trail, very nice site, convenient to the trail, but a bit pricey, but it is in Derbyshire, so to be expected.

OP
OP
BONZO

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Thank you lot of them I think we will like it there with our new ebikes
I think we will go sometime in March . We are off to travasoll j29 for a go on the trail there at weekend . That looks nice too it's a caravan n camping site . I'm a member so I get my over 50 discount...lol wel thanks once again .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A word of warning.....

The Cinder Trail, Whitby - Scarborough.

Looks great but you need a top grade mountain bike and be an Olympic athlete to survive it. Well it was last year, all the top washed away leaving us riding on bricks and rocks. The bikes did survive but I have no idea how. It was get off and push in many places. It's a great pity because the views are stunning. Way better than Tissington.

OP
OP
BONZO

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Yes we have walked the cinda trail from were they rent bikes out to Whitby we would only do it on ebikes that part anyway . But yes the views are lovely.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We stayed at Washbrooke Farm some 3 years ago, camping tending to be confined to the top of the field where a goodish slope levelled out a little, so all the five units on our visit were in a row on what little gravel was available. I seem to remember noting in Jim's travel book "anchors required", very basic but a very short walk to the trail to Ashbourne. Again I seem to remember it took us 2 hours to walk there with the dog and she was knackered when we got back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back