Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
(did anyone else spot the drivers taking photos of any "iffy" tows, for future protection?)

The tractor drivers I have watched towing (all day today and yesterday) seemed very professional and careful. There were no jerks as the chain went tight or anything like that. No tight turns causing the chain to snag. All in all I think they are doing an Excellent job and worth a tip...

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The tractor drivers I have watched towing (all day today and yesterday) seemed very professional and careful. There were no jerks as the chain went tight or anything like that. No tight turns causing the chain to snag. All in all I think they are doing an Excellent job and worth a tip...

I totally agree with you Gromett:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

The driver who towed us off did a great job and his thanks for the tip I gave him were definitely genuine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I bet the van owners were really pi$$ed off when they got back to their vans and found that some dosey tractor driver had towed their vans onto a marsh without their consent. :Eeek:

I was under the impression that the tractors were towing the vehicles to their allocated 'zones' to prevent them getting bogged down trying to get there under their own steam? And the owners were present?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno about etiquette .. I just felt he earned the fiver I gave him..

If he had pulled up and handed me the shackle to kneel down in the mud to connect I would have felt differently

The guy who pulled us out was tired and obviously pretty much shot to bits, yet he still smiled, hooked us up, pulled us out and unhooked us.. To be honest, I felt mean just giving him a fin

Mo did notice the pocket he put the coins in was absolutely bulging so I reckon he had had a blinding day !! ( and worth every penny .. otherwise we would be sitting there when they start setting up for the BMF next month !! )

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was under the impression that the tractors were towing the vehicles to their allocated 'zones' to prevent them getting bogged down trying to get there under their own steam? And the owners were present?

You just been caught by the Buttons :reel: :roflmto:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We threw in the sopping wet towel yesterday morning. I borrowed a strop off my neighbour and used my Focus estate to pull the trailer out of the bog that had been our stand pitch for the weekend. Once it was on tarmac I hitched it up properly and towed it to a safe parking spot. I had my doubts about getting the camper off under its own steam but needn't have worried, got off the levelling ramps and then low first and trundled gently to the road, no fuss, no drama and no tractor required::bigsmile:. If I had needed a tow out I would have gladly tipped the driver a fiver for his efforts. I've seen them working all weekend dragging motorhomes on and off and some of the eejits they've been towing need a kick up the derriere. I saw one guy turn his front wheels the opposite way to that which the tractor was going so his front wheels ploughed two huge ruts as they were dragged sideways through the mud. Another being towed off the elevated section around the central arena tried to slow the tractor down by braking, all he managed was to lock all four wheels and plough four dirty great furrows for about 20 yards, what a muppet!

D.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Muppetts indeed Dave.

The Tractor driver told us when he towed us onto the pitch and off the pitch what to do and what not to do.

There will always be some that think they know best :Doh:

Normally these are Men who have no wives to tell them what to do :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Or of course women who dont listen :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sonja

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well what a beautiful day it is today. Sun is shining, no rain forecast, the perfect day for a motorhome rally..... Now where did I put my sun lotion.:roflmto:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Absolutely, sitting here at Peterborough in lovely warm sunshine, what a day for a motorhome show.
Nice firm pitch, no mud in sight here and no need for a tractor , all RVs have pulled off fine :Smile:
Suppose we were lucky not being sited in a flood plain :Sad:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Absolutely, sitting here at Peterborough in lovely warm sunshine, what a day for a motorhome show.
Nice firm pitch, no mud in sight here and no need for a tractor , all RVs have pulled off fine :Smile:
Suppose we were lucky not being sited in a flood plain :Sad:
Sounds great, what about slobadoberbob is he away or enjoying the sun like yourself.:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back