Tip about endless breeze 12v fan (1 Viewer)

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Hi sitting here in South of France where it's very hot and so glad we managed to source one of these before we set off. Thought I'd share how we got one in case helpful. Endless searching online failed to come up with anywhere in stock in UK. A few suppers such as Outdoor Bits and Grasshopper listed them at just under £100 but had no stock. I didn't fancy eBay from USA plus postage was extortionate and customs duty uncertain. Amazon.com however arrange all that and the item arrived within a week, 10 days or so ahead of schedule. Total cost was only about £78 inc delivery and duty. Plus we paid on our Halifax clarity card so minimal charges. Hope this might help someone who needs one this summer. They are great and really make a difference!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for this @ruthiebabe. However, can you remember the actual company who supplied it? The first one I tried would not ship it to me, the second one wanted to charge me more than the fan costs!! The latest wants to charge me over £300!!! And can you remember whether you said your Clarity card was in pounds or dollars??

Last edited:
OP
OP
ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Direct order from Amazon.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I ordered one from Amazon usa for delivery to appartment where daughter is on holiday in Florida.
Sweating now over whether it will arrive before she leaves on Sunday :confused:
All to save a few quid, doh.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We got ours from Vanbitz, about £100 I think it was. Anyone wanting one could give them a try.

Paul

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Bought ours through Amazon.com a few years ago, just as the OP has described. Certainly the best value we could find at the time, and all straightforward with prompt delivery.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We've ordered one from Motorcaravanning.co.uk. The were expecting deliveries from the supplier on 9 June. Due for delivery to us this week.

Denise

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Do you have a direct link to the item? The one I chose is only free delivery in USA
Hi I didn't say I had free delivery just what I paid all in. If you are registered with UK Amazon you sign in put it in basket them as you go to checkout you will see delivery and customs charges also estimated delivery. As i said mine arrived a lot quicker than estimate

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Bought 2 off Amazon.com 2 years ago and about £70 all in each and delivered pretty quick from USA.

Would not be without them. Cannot sleep without them in anything above 30C.

Usually need only the first setting of three fan speeds.

Worth every penny, provided you have sufficient batteries and solar charging to support them.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
How noisy are these fans? Would you say about the same as a 230v desk fan?
The reason I ask is that some high speed DC fans whine. And at 2.6amp draw they are pulling enough current to make a racket.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We also use 2 Endless breezes, couldn't live without them.(y)

At night we use them on the lowest setting and you soon tune the noise out, it also helps to mask outside noises so we sleep well.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Our square one I put in the skylight is mains only and on the inverter it uses 2 amps on the lowest setting, it is silent though as I've modified it to run slowly for night time. But without EHU it's too greedy. I've thought about making a board with 4 axial DC fans on it to put in the skylight. Two fans in series x2 would only use 3/4 of an amp in total and loads cheaper than the endless breeze... that's just me though, always making something :D

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
They are only too greedy if you don't have enough battery bank and solar to support them or EHU!

Not a problem with running 2 all night with 360amp hour battery bank and 300 watts of solar to recharge the batteries or Sterling battery charger running off the alternator when motoring! This battery bank does other stuff as well as powering an inverter!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
How noisy are these fans? Would you say about the same as a 230v desk fan?
The reason I ask is that some high speed DC fans whine. And at 2.6amp draw they are pulling enough current to make a racket.
They don't whine, they have a large diameter fan which rotates quite slowly on speed 1 which is the speed we usually run ours at. The noise is similar to a 240v desk fan but it really depends on the speed you run it at.
A bonus for us in a PVC is it is very easy to store and will clip on the dog's cage when travelling in the heat.
Much more versatile than an extractor fan - but we have one of those too. :)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Well, mine scheduled for delivery by UPS tomorrow to daughters holiday appartment in Florida :)
Just checked the tracker and it`s travelled from Ohio to Jacksonville overnight will shortly be making its way to St Petersburg for delivery. Well chuffed,..............unless she gets collared at customs at the airport. Might tell her to ditch all the packaging.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi sitting here in South of France where it's very hot and so glad we managed to source one of these before we set off. Thought I'd share how we got one in case helpful. Endless searching online failed to come up with anywhere in stock in UK. A few suppers such as Outdoor Bits and Grasshopper listed them at just under £100 but had no stock. I didn't fancy eBay from USA plus postage was extortionate and customs duty uncertain. Amazon.com however arrange all that and the item arrived within a week, 10 days or so ahead of schedule. Total cost was only about £78 inc delivery and duty. Plus we paid on our Halifax clarity card so minimal charges. Hope this might help someone who needs one this summer. They are great and really make a difference!
We always have them in stock

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
They are only too greedy if you don't have enough battery bank and solar to support them

Yeah, I don't unfortunately, I'd sooner make efficiency savings on the gadgets I have if possible than load up with extra panels and batteries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back