Time to take class c test! (1 Viewer)

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Hi I’ve medical booked for 8th may for provisional and found a course provider. Keen to learn about theory. How best to revise. If I’m likely to experience delays due to Covid etc.

anuwhere I can do practice theory tests online to get to that all important 95% pass rate consistency before taking and paying for the test at my cost

I really would like to get passed by end of June ?? Doable ?

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Loads of theory tests on utube,but you can purchase apps as well I just passed my theory today for m/c you need to practise and remember and keep your eyes peeled on hazard perception,if you dont study it you wont pass,you could do it if you get a test date hope this helps regards,steve hope u have applied for test if u haven't do it on line straight away

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Doable. As well as angusboy 's suggestion, I'd also get hold of a book or two. They're not cheap, but your local library will probably either have something or will be able to order it for you. An example you may wish to buy/borrow:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Is it for your motorhome? Do you really need a C or would a C1 be enough? There is quite a difference in the size and weight of the vehicles.

OP
OP
Alfie159

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Is it for your motorhome? Do you really need a C or would a C1 be enough? There is quite a difference in the size and weight of the vehicles.
Guy said apply for a c ?? New MH over 3500 so need to up license ... partner has his but I’m not one for not getting involved and like driving

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Guy said apply for a c ?? New MH over 3500 so need to up license ... partner has his but I’m not one for not getting involved and like driving
C1 is for up to 7.5 tonne. Over that weight a full C licence is required.

OP
OP
Alfie159

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Loads of theory tests on utube,but you can purchase apps as well I just passed my theory today for m/c you need to practise and remember and keep your eyes peeled on hazard perception,if you dont study it you wont pass,you could do it if you get a test date hope this helps regards,steve hope u have applied for test if u haven't do it on line straight away
Can I book test for theory before provisional arrives ??
C1 is for up to 7.5 tonne. Over that weight a full C licence is required.
ahhh c 1 it is then 🙂 thanks very much

Jun 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
Since 2019
Pass rate for the multiple choice is 85%
Hazard perception is 67%

Some websites give you some aspects for free.

Found theory test pro to be very useful - app is great too!
You can revise by topic or just do lots of tests.

Don't buy the book unless you like flicking between pages.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I would recommend a hazard perception program you can practice.

The problem for experienced drivers is that you can click too early for a hazard and you actually get marked down for it.

I only just passed mine and that’s despite practicing a lot with a program.

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Rapids 9090df
Exp
Since 2019
Hiya
At 53 now and having passed my driving test at 17 and subsequent HGV 3,2 and 1 test shortly after I didn’t sit any type of theory test until I became a DVSA driving instructor a couple of years ago.
I sat the theory which included the hazard perception test. I found it an absolute nightmare 😡 and couldn’t get my head round it , took me 3 attempts !!!!!
Theory part always passed as that is just regurgitating knowledge. But
What I saw as a hazard clearly differed from the DVSA point of view. don’t click too soon or to many times this will get you zero for that question and you have a limited amount of chances.
Go online and practice ,practice and practice lots of apps that are free and YouTube has loads
Good luck👍

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008

You can select from cars,bikes, trucks and buses. If you book before your licence arrives you risk it not arriving before the test date which will mean the test cannot go ahead and you lose the fee. You are required to take the licence to the test centre when you take the test.
A C1 practical will be in a vehicle of min 4000kgs and min 5m long with a box rear.

OP
OP
Alfie159

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Pass rate for the multiple choice is 85%
Hazard perception is 67%

Some websites give you some aspects for free.

Found theory test pro to be very useful - app is great too!
You can revise by topic or just do lots of tests.

Don't buy the book unless you like flicking between pages.
Thanks took plunge of a paid highly rated and reviewed app. Did about 1 hour and it’s great and getting all but a couple wrong so far. More around technical stuff to do with trailers but I remember the right answers straight off. Calculate the coaching part of app is around 10 hours ‘tuition’ by questions so shall pick up every other evening for an hour.

great start

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I would recommend a hazard perception program you can practice.

The problem for experienced drivers is that you can click too early for a hazard and you actually get marked down for it.

I only just passed mine and that’s despite practicing a lot with a program.
I tried the online tests no problems with the theory but failed the hazards because I clicked too soon, I think a lot of practice is needed to get down to their level

OP
OP
Alfie159

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Thank all. As ever helpful guidance

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I tried the online tests no problems with the theory but failed the hazards because I clicked too soon, I think a lot of practice is needed to get down to their level
Exactly as I found.

I remember one where I saw a reflection of blue lights in a shop window. I clicked for a hazard and about 5 seconds later a fire engine appears from a side street in front with its lights on. I failed that one as I should have clicked when it appeared!

Bit stupid that you have to lower your standard to pass a test designed to raise them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back