Time to sell my Campscout 2018? (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I love my Campscout but hubby not so much (more of a 5 star hotel guy). So, although I go out solo sometimes, it just doesn't get used as much as it should.
I've seen reports of a buoyant market so think this might be the time.
I'll need to think about price and how I will go about marketing it... I usually trade-in rather than sell privately. However, while I ponder that, if there's anyone on here looking for a CampScout in great condition with lots of extras, please get in touch. I'd love it to go to a good home.
20180510_085358.jpg

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
That'll go very quickly from all the research I've done recently. You've probably seen my other Globecar sales thread so that'll give you an idea on the price you should be asking (and getting).

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
That'll go very quickly from all the research I've done recently. You've probably seen my other Globecar sales thread so that'll give you an idea on the price you should be asking (and getting).
Yes Andrew, I had seen it and this helped "push me over the line". I hope you don't think I'm trying to push in on your sale...

Good luck selling yours. I know it's a great van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Yes Andrew, I had seen it and this helped "push me over the line". I hope you don't think I'm trying to push in on your sale...

Hi Sue - not at all - go for it. Your van is probably the best looking colour combo out there and the Elegance Pack just finishes if off. It really does look fab.

You'll probably have people bidding each other up for yours IMO.

With only three Globecar dealers in the UK now and only very small numbers of vehicles arriving in the next 2 years then your van in that colour will be in huge demand.

All the best :)

Andrew

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
You will not find a new Campscout under £54000
You will struggle to find any second hand ones at present
If you are sure you want to sell I would be doing it now
If you are not sure and don't have other projects for the funds it would be costly if you decided later to go back to a motorhome
Lots of advice re selling vans on here
Dealers also looking for stock but they will add about £8000 when they sell on and that bothers some
Looking at our model someone is asking more for a similar one than we payed five years ago. No idea if they would get that though. I think they are either over optimistic or are happy to be haggled down a chunk

Have a look on the facebook Globecar site as some have been offered for sale there recently

Sorry not sure any of the above is any help to you

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
There are very few used Campscouts (2 on Autotrader this morning, one on a Peugeot, the other with no elegance pack, but both new, 56/58k) about this year and it's a seller's market. We bought an unregistered MY2020 Elegance Campscout in February this year - else would have been interested in yours!
If you have, wind out awning, solar panel, alarm that's £3k of extras. If you have the the Fiat Maxi chassis and an automatic there's additional value.
A buyer going to SMC today needs just short of £63k for an Elegance Campscout on a Fiat Maxi plus maybe £3k to match your spec. Surely, a buyer facing £65k-ish at a dealer would look hard at yours in the early 50s? You can always come down .

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Thanks all, your info is very helpful and helps me think this through.
I have added a lot of extras...(but not as much as Mel or Andrew! :) ). These were mostly my own additions but I did have full VB air suspension added so that is a big chunk of £££. Still, I added it for myself and always knew I wouldn't get the money back. It's been worth it on the roads in Scotland.
So, time to think about pics and ads if I am serious...
Thanks again

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks all, your info is very helpful and helps me think this through.
I have added a lot of extras...(but not as much as Mel or Andrew! :) ). These were mostly my own additions but I did have full VB air suspension added so that is a big chunk of £££. Still, I added it for myself and always knew I wouldn't get the money back. It's been worth it on the roads in Scotland.
So, time to think about pics and ads if I am serious...
Thanks again

*** £51,250 ***

That just sounds right to me :cool:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
.....with
Agreeing with all of this. I’d be going in a bit higher than Andrew as you’ll get knocked down anyway! Anyway somewhere between £50k and £55k. We saw yours. It’s a lovely van.
You're right Liz and as soon as I wrote it I thought "hold your horses Andrew, that's too cheap".

I would go with your idea Liz - much better.

(It also helps out my asking price too) :)

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
*** £51,250 ***

That just sounds right to me :cool:
You just want me to push up the value of yours :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We're getting a deck built in the next few weeks so might hang on while I worry about getting that project started but will keep that in mind as a starting point. I thought that I would throw out in case someone on here (or facebook) is interested, since it would save me advertising, etc.

Dec 30, 2019
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2020
Handsome van😍😍 Looks almost just like ours (used to be Mel’s), same year too, although ours is not an elegance. Good luck with the sale 😀

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Sue, CamperSue

There's hope for us all yet: 2017 150BHP Manual Globescout with19,000-miles, and a 'very' basic spec for £48,000:

Wow!!

Screenshot_20210626-161913_Samsung Internet.jpg

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Did you get yours sold CamperSue? And yours Blue Knight … just being nosey!!

Hi Liz, no, not yet - we couldn't sell it as we were waiting on a new replacement power steering system to be fitted - all done now.

We'll get this Northern Ireland trip out of the way first and then get the sale board up.

OP
OP
CamperSue
Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Did you get yours sold CamperSue? And yours Blue Knight … just being nosey!!
I've decided to keep mine. We're out in it for a couple of nights next week and if I can get my DIY projects done, I'll get out more in the next few weeks.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I've decided to keep mine. We're out in it for a couple of nights next week and if I can get my DIY projects done, I'll get out more in the next few weeks.

That's a good idea Sue as it seems to be an appreciating asset.

P.S. ......and less competition for me, lol :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back