Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We have the 2013Pilote F630 (now the V630).Downsize from a coachbuilt and have never looked back. A few screws come loose over the 5years and some of the Fiat usual faults, but we are very pleased with the van.

Thanks @pops . Did you by any chance do a 23-minute video on YouTube regarding the V630. If so I watched it this evening.

Cheers,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Blue Knight ... Signature in Preston have a Campscout in ... worth giving Chris Hunter a ring. We are buying ours from him but it is a factory order. He gave us a good price and was recommended by a couple of other Globecar owners.

Fantastic, I'll check their web page now. I'm not sure how I missed that - must try harder in future with my research:D

Preston is closer than SMC too at only 110 miles from me.

Many thanks (y)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Double check before you set off but Chris is really good and, despite production of our motorhome being delayed (being built this week, rather than delivered in .june!!!) I still feel we were right to buy from them.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
A total of 340 miles I think Paul.

SMC is the closest Globecar dealer to us (135 miles) and Perth is the next closest.

I was at SMC the other day on my own but they've now sold their only Campscout.

Perth has one Campscout is stock so at least it will give Nicky a chance to have a look.

We are also going to price-up a Pilote V630F at both dealers but SMC is still my 1st option.

I'll send some pics :D

Robsons of Wolsingham near us are Pilote dealers Andrew, have a good trip.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

They are 9-miles from us Paul. Robsons were the ones that wouldn't take our Autotrail as a PX against a new Pilote van which they had in stock. We therefore had no other choice than to travel the 135-mile trip to SMC to do the necessary transaction.

I wouldn't touch Robsons of Wolsingham if they gave their vans away - which incidentally they normally need to do at this time of year since they can't sell them during the main season.

Thanks for the post-up though.;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi,Interested in the same van if you have had a look and did not buy it what did you think ? we haven't seen it yet.(y)

Hi Mike, I'll post some pics up of the van with as many details as possible. If there's anything specific that you want me to look at then drop me a note.

In all honesty I think our PX value will be much better at SMC (as a Pilote dealer) so this trip is just to see if Nicky likes the PVC combo.

That said, the new Pilote V630F is looking like a good alternative because of its very fresh internal styling - an important choice for any woman:D

All the best,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Double check before you set off but Chris is really good and, despite production of our motorhome being delayed (being built this week, rather than delivered in .june!!!) I still feel we were right to buy from them.

They open at 9 so I'll be first on the phone :D

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

I'm pleased you said what you did.

They do have the Campscout in stock but it's in storage and because of staffing issues they are unable to get it to the showroom for the weekend.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One thing to be aware of with the new Campscout versions is that the boiler/heater combi is now under the dinette seat rather than between the gas locker and the toilet compartment where they've now placed a 'top accessed' extra wardrobe storage area but its nothing like as useful as having the under dinette storage for shoes etc of the model we have - registered this year but a 2017 model.

We like the inset windows of Elegance models but we weren't keen on the white doors, (too bright for us and show every mark if our old Familyscout is anything to go by which had white 'kitchen' unit drawer fronts!) or the recessed (when closed) worktop extension which meant that in use it would sit lower than the rest of the worktop ... a disaster waiting to happen with my hubby cooking!

Our camper was a stock/demo model (although not used for test drives, just for looking at), and we saved a LOT of money by buying it rather than ordering a brand new one.

We have the 150bhp engine and hubby says its even better than the one in our Familyscout (2015 version). We've just today hit 3,000 miles and it's running like a dream ... we're currently in the Austrian mountains somewhere!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our Campscout is proving to be extremely usable and comfortable - the rear single beds are glorious especially with the 30 plus degrees we've been having and we can each spread out as much as we like to cool off - getting in/out is a doddle with the steps and so going to the loo in the night, or one getting up/going to bed later, means we don't disturb each other. We don't end up shoehorned into a double bed and causing each other annoyance if one of us wants the covers on and the other doesn't and there's loads of space for when the dog want to come up on the bed too!

One 'irritation' we've discovered whilst we've been away though is the location of the holder for the shower head when having a shower, let me explain why ... in our previous Familyscout in the washroom the toilet was on the right and the sink on the left with the shower head holder also on the left so near to the sink/tap and accessible through the same side of the shower curtain to get at the tap lever. In the Campscout however the toilet is on the left and the sink on the right BUT the shower head holder is still on the left so the hose has to be stretched out from right to left then put on the holder, and to get at the lever you have to go through the other side of the shower curtain to adjust it etc ... I've no idea why it the holder wasn't moved across to the same side as the sink so guess what's gonna get sorted shortly if I can manage it without my drill! Oh, one other daft thing we've found is that when the toilet is in the 'usable' position, ie turned outwards, if you forget to turn it back again then when you close the tambour door it scuffs along the front edge of the loo ... stupid designers not thinking about it properly ... nothing can be done about this that I can see at the moment and its not the end of the world but could so easily have not existed in the first place.

Another mod on the list to do when we get home is to replace the existing lift up worktop flap with a slightly narrower width one, a couple of inches off the width will mean getting in/out of the camper with it in use much easier rather than trying to squeeze past it as we do now but still allow it to have a plate/pan put on it.

I have to say though, having been away for 4 weeks now these are the only real things that we've found that have caused any irritation at all.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Glad your having a good time @Minxy Girl in your Campscout, our tambour door doesn’t touch the toilet when we close the door even when it’s swivelled to the front.

John.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@Blue Knight if it's only so you can have a look then your welcome to see ours, it's the Possl Roadcrusier which is the Globecar Campscout. We're in Dumfries so not to far from you.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@Minxy Girl i know what you mean about the shower, this is how we've got round it with no adjustments. If you undo one or two of the poppers on the right hand side you can then reach the tap without opening the curtain, as its in the corner no water can get through so nothing to worry about.

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
No Andrew not my video. If you do go for the Pilote, try and get a deal done to have the rear side windows fitted, they certainly make the inside lighter and you can lie in bed looking out. They also look good on the outside. Had mine fitted when the van was made.
Terry.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Morning Team,

We returned home late yesterday but I'm not all together sure if it can be called a successful day.

We wrote off the Perth trip (Just too far) and then were told by the Preston team that we needed to give advance notice if we wanted to view their Campscout so we went to default mode and travelled the 270-mile trip to SMC - where on arrival we found that their Campscout went out on Wednesday. Great!

Can anyone now see why I'm not calling this day a total success :D

What we have concluded is that a mid-week visit to the NEC show in October is now on the cards as we are just chasing our tails at the moment.

We both loved the build quality of the Globecar and the really innovative storage solutions which have been utilised but what we didn't like (of the few vans seen yesterday) were the central shower trays and the darkness of the wood. It looked a bit old fashioned for our liking so we'll be looking at the Globecar range at the NEC to see what lighter options they do.

Not a total wasted visit by any means but like my school report once said "Andrew needs to invest more time in his academic research if he's ever going to achieve a positive outcome":rolleyes:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Andrew the central shower system is great once your used to it, it's probably one of the biggest shower areas you'll get in any van around that size. The good think about it is after you've showered you can slide the door round to only block the front, this way you have loads of room to dry and get dressed. It's also great for privacy if someone's going to bed early or having a long lie, like you we went to the show and had a good look at all PVC's and in our opinion Globecar came out tops.

We tried to do a deal at the show and they started off asking for £16k. Plus our current van, after walking round for a few hours several dealers had phoned me and we where now Down at £6k but couldn't agree on some others things.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
@Blue Knight Have you seen inside a Globecar with the elegance upgrade, you get white/ cream doors and flush fit windows not like the caravan balloon type windows, and it looks a lot brighter inside.
When we were after our Globecar SMC had some great end of year offers but Pat wanted the elegance upgrade and so we had to pay the going price for ordering what she wanted, and in the end we were both really pleased with what we got.

John.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hey @Blue Knight have a look at HymerCar and Maybe Carrado.

We used to have a GlobeScout and loved it but this time round we thought it looked a bit old fashioned for our liking and ended up buying a HymerCar instead:)

Mind you, we ‘downsized’ from 6m to 5.4m haha........ but we wanted the transverse double bed so OK for us(y)

Either way, do give PVC’s a serious look at, they are much under rated:D

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hey @Blue Knight have a look at HymerCar and Maybe Carrado.

We used to have a GlobeScout and loved it but this time round we thought it looked a bit old fashioned for our liking and ended up buying a HymerCar instead:)

Mind you, we ‘downsized’ from 6m to 5.4m haha........ but we wanted the transverse double bed so OK for us(y)

Either way, do give PVC’s a serious look at, they are much under rated:D

Do you know what insulation Hymer use in the PVC range of vans, wonder if its the same as in the A class ones?

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
We are staying on the campsite at Robsons
tonight before visiting Tyne valley to look at
an Hymer tomorrow.
Ray

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Sorry you had a frustrating day. First time we went to Dixon’s they told us the 600L had the longest bed available in a Globecar. Academic research is definitely a prerequisite! Good luck.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
If you are passing through Glasgow get in touch. You are welcome to have a look at our 600L revolution

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Andrew the central shower system is great once your used to it, it's probably one of the biggest shower areas you'll get in any van around that size. The good think about it is after you've showered you can slide the door round to only block the front, this way you have loads of room to dry and get dressed. It's also great for privacy if someone's going to bed early or having a long lie, like you we went to the show and had a good look at all PVC's and in our opinion Globecar came out tops.

We tried to do a deal at the show and they started off asking for £16k. Plus our current van, after walking round for a few hours several dealers had phoned me and we where now Down at £6k but couldn't agree on some others things.

That's a useful chunk of info. I think you're right about the shower in terms of us adapting soon enough. The boss needs convincing and she's a short arse so everything must seem big her in world. When I was a lad I considered myself lucky when I had a sponge and a bottle of water and she's complaining about a posh shower :D

The NEC will be an eye opener for us both and it will be interesting to see what is out there.

Thanks again for the very useful post (y)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back