Tight or what? (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They need to put up a QR code/RingGo or something where you can pay your donations. This will give a much higher chance of anyone paying and provides lower real transaction costs. Yes, there will be a commission on the money collected.
Not a lot of use to anyone foreign having to pay more for the call than the parking is costong.
Even a tip can now be left via the contactless payment machine. Unlikely that it ever makes it to your individual serving staff though
so why would you bother?
we've had some stonking stuff over the years and equipped our MHs/campers with various bits and bobs we've bought there, we've even got MH specific stuff like a new FIamma toilet cassette, drive away awnings, levellers etc ... also a Remoska, Cadac, tap
same here . I 've bought stuff then sold it on at great profit.

One overnight site with no services I use outside London is cash only.& then only ÂŁ1 coins, At least there is a change machine in the coach park during the day until 7pm.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Unless it is the hsbc & the code generator dies & you live abroad & it takes them 32 days to send you one. :doh:
Swmbo uses online hsbc and they seem to have dropped the code generator. The code now comes from your phone in response to your fingerprint. I use natwest and less complicated.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Not sites but similar on cash. Few years ago we were in i think Bourton-On-the-Water. Both HRH and i were bursting for wee wee (didn't have the van then) and the bog wouldn't take cards.. Toilets 20p that we didn't have. Ever begged for 20p, embarrassing. Since then we have 20p 50p ÂŁ5 notes aplenty in all our vehicles.
So if we ever do stop at one of these sites that need small amounts of cash we will have it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
HSBC do a code generator on you phone app now.
Keep up at the back please 🙂🙂🙂
Yes but if your access at present is with the stand alone code generator to change to the phone generator you have first to be able to access your account so that you can change to the phone system..

Swmbo uses online hsbc and they seem to have dropped the code generator. The code now comes from your phone in response to your fingerprint. I use natwest and less complicated.
No the code generator is still available. you can't just have a 'code generator' on your phone without downloading the hsbc banking application. Which I'm not happy about as I do not like having them on my phone.
Lloyds I can log in online & they just send codes direct to my nominated phone for input.
The only time you need access to the phone banking application is to change your address as there is no other way except going in to a branch.When I wanted to do that I just down load the app ,change address, code gets sent, address changed, then I delete the application.

The code generator actually turned up on saturday,32 days from being ordered.
The new "code generator unlock code" turned up on the 16th October, was posted on the 22nd September & expired on the 6th October. I now just have to summon up the enthusiasm to phone the half wts . I wouldn't mind but it isn't even my account but the wife's but she cannot put up with the nonsense they spout & blows her top.
I've just thought as well that the online generator isn't going to work as there's no way the wife will be having it on her phone .:unsure:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
It's all getting far too complicated..........especially for some fossils like me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I've just thought as well that the online generator isn't going to work as there's no way the wife will be having it on her phone .
Well we managed to do it .But I have left it requiring use of the generator to get in as A) wife doesn't want it on her phone at the moment & B) the bonus payment for changing over ran out last week :giggler:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back