Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi where did you read it please?
It has been widely publicized by Macron that if there is a significant decrease in new cases France would allow travel from the 15th December. I guess we will just have to wait and see what he announces.

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
N332 on Facebook is a good source of current regs and proposed Xmas regs in Spain

Feb 19, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
AClass
Exp
4 years
PCR TESTS and paperwork are not required for overlanders at the moment. Live music now allowed in Benidorm and I’ve had the bat flu and the chances of getting it again is remote
Are you therefore immune to carrying and spreading the virus?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Nick wright
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
It has been widely publicized by Macron that if there is a significant decrease in new cases France would allow travel from the 15th December. I guess we will just have to wait and see what he announces.
Yes down to 5000 doesn’t look like there going to do it

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Are you therefore immune to carrying and spreading the virus?
I think there are so few travelling its not worth the expense and man power to enforce it..Just look at how many roads cross into Spain..BUSBY.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
C0B1826E-ADEA-4781-85D6-7D66F0B894D0.png
C0B1826E-ADEA-4781-85D6-7D66F0B894D0.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nick wright
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yeh but I don’t think there gonna make it. Think cases rose today when I looked COVID France update and now there all out smashing Paris up things not going to get any better

Daveymac

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 6, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi I wouldn't dream of peeing on anyone parade but just a little info te departure from UK the police issued 40+ fines and turned all continental travellers around last week as the Gov advice is for essential travel only those who were unable to provide evidence that their journey was for anything other than essential were turned back out of pocket
Worth checking before leaving

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi I wouldn't dream of peeing on anyone parade but just a little info te departure from UK the police issued 40+ fines and turned all continental travellers around last week as the Gov advice is for essential travel only those who were unable to provide evidence that their journey was for anything other than essential were turned back out of pocket
About time too!!! Wish they'd do the same with people traveling here.

OP
OP
Nick wright
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
yes that’s what I was told, but I got a message this morning from someone that went Portsmouth to France and got to south of Benidorm yesterday and there were two other English that arrived who had come through the tunnel with no problems just had to show there Covid declaration

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I’ve had it so yes
I don't think there's any substantial evidence yet that having had CV you can't get it again, nor that you cannot be a 'host' for it and transmit it to others ....

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I don't think there's any substantial evidence yet that having had CV you can't get it again, nor that you cannot be a 'host' for it and transmit it to others ....
There have been cases reported where people have had it twice, and in one case, the person had died from it when they caught it the second time. I read it on the bbc news website fairly recently.

OP
OP
Nick wright
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
There have been cases reported where people have had it twice, and in one case, the person had died from it when they caught it the second time. I read it on the bbc news website fairly recently.
Very very very remote you have more chance of walking out your house and being struck by lightning or even hit by a low flying plane. 5 in 10000 people die of this under the age of 70

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
travel restrictions stopped on the 3rd.
If I was being fined for attempting to go i'd pay it & I would be going . There is no law stating that you cannot go. The fine is only for non essential travel
whilst he's encouraging his mates to enter withut restrictions why should anyone leaving take any notice?

Holidaymakers could be able to go to Spain with no restrictions soon
That's earliest next march. We expect to be long out of anything by then. 4 months I could be dead well before that happens.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Very very very remote you have more chance of walking out your house and being struck by lightning or even hit by a low flying plane. 5 in 10000 people die of this under the age of 70
Still a risk though and even if you ignore that there's still no proof that you can't be a carrier and infect others, too early to be sure at present.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Maybe. But we can’t say we are immune from catching it or passing it on if people have caught it twice.

OP
OP
Nick wright
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Maybe. But we can’t say we are immune from catching it or passing it on if people have caught it twice.
Don’t know. We were not the spreaders the government was if they would have got the care homes lockdown and PPE sorted the death rate would be about 10000 not 60k we are doing this stuff to save there ass you really think they care about people dying if that were true all these vaccines companies would of shared there findings and not be trying to compete with each other

OP
OP
Nick wright
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Don’t know. We were not the spreaders the government was if they would have got the care homes lockdown and PPE sorted the death rate would be about 10000 not 60k we are doing this stuff to save there ass you really think they care about people dying if that were true all these vaccines companies would of shared there findings and not be trying to compete with each other
And I’m not one for conspiracy theories but something stinks very bad

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
They were turned away from Dover ferries but then went to the tunnel and were stopped there

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Screenshot_20201207-204617_Samsung Internet.jpg
its a but misleading that they state this on the government tourist website.
I thought that you couldn't cross borders to different regions in Spain.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just spoke with my son in Paris, he can now travel up to 20km. He is not hopeful of travel to the UK for Christmas though he thinks it will be possible to leave Paris for a few days.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They were turned away from Dover ferries but then went to the tunnel and were stopped there
That was 3 weeks ago.There is no restriction on leaving the Uk for whatever reason nor has there been since 3rd December.
View attachment 446980its a but misleading that they state this on the government tourist website.
I thought that you couldn't cross borders to different regions in Spain.
& as I stated many times that only applies to us locals. Anyone travelling to a booked accommodation has the right to travel through any region regardless of the fact that they have closed borders. What you cannot do is once there , then move on to somewhere else, even if booked, that is illegal.
Next time you move it can only be to return home as the rules are at the momet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back