LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I don’t know anymore, so many things you read state different things grant chaps has apparently said that people in tier 3 can travel abroad (its all over the papers )but think France will be the main problem as cases need to drop to 5000 a day for you to be able to travel between regions and I’ve also spoke to the euro tunnel and a french bloke on the phone told Me I can transit France to Spain no problem and that the all the rules apply to people living in France so what do you believe. If you look at the french website it clearly states that you can enter France from the uk with no COVID restrictions. Even camping la Torretta have told me that it should be no problem by the middle of December
You can travel internationally if you are in tier 3, you may be allowed to transit across France if the numbers drop. It’s the Spanish issue that could be a problem, you may have no issue travelling through Spain but if caught it’s a big fine or not. you may travel without been stopped. (I wouldn’t trust the campsite though as they really want you to visit for financial reasons)
It’s also the lack of travel insurance that concerns me as well as we won’t be able to use our ehic card anymore after 1st January and my insurance only covers us if the country is on a travel corridor with the uk.

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yeh I get the campsite thing but look at the Spanish info page website it states Spain is a safe tourist destination but then you read that a PCR test is required 72 hours before arriving in Spain. Then you look at Uk government website Spanish entry requirements and at the bottom it states that all the above rules do not apply for overland travel and you can only travel over land from another EU country

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Yeh I get the campsite thing but look at the Spanish info page website it states Spain is a safe tourist destination but then you read that a PCR test is required 72 hours before arriving in Spain. Then you look at Uk government website Spanish entry requirements and at the bottom it states that all the above rules do not apply for overland travel and you can only travel over land from another EU country
It’s the regional border closures that’s the issue. No movement between regions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You can travel internationally if you are in tier 3, you may be allowed to transit across France if the numbers drop. It’s the Spanish issue that could be a problem, you may have no issue travelling through Spain but if caught it’s a big fine or not. you may travel without been stopped. (I wouldn’t trust the campsite though as they really want you to visit for financial reasons)
It’s also the lack of travel insurance that concerns me as well as we won’t be able to use our ehic card anymore after 1st January and my insurance only covers us if the country is on a travel corridor with the uk.
I've written on this subject on Fun and other motorhome related media.....if anyone is willing to run the gauntlet, then make sure you don't get infected on your travels, being confined on a campsite is not going to be the most desirable situation to put yourself into, who cares for you there....and hospitalisation in this overstretched service could be testing...good luck to anyone who decides a holiday is essential travel...I will step back from posting on this subject..

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I've written on this subject on Fun and other motorhome related media.....if anyone is willing to run the gauntlet, then make sure you don't get infected on your travels, being confined on a campsite is not going to be the most desirable situation to put yourself into, who cares for you there....and hospitalisation in this overstretched service could be testing...
Although didn’t I read from the 1st January that Andalusia are covering tourists expenses if they catch COVID.
Different areas will have conflicting needs, I think the Andalusia promise is to hopefully get some tourist money to help support a cash strapped tourist industry.

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
I’ve asked that question and was told they should be open by then. I also got a message last night that french police are conducting border checkpoints for skiers going to counties but that is to make sure they quarantine on there return

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Spain info pages states that Spain is a safe tourist destination. I think they want tourist this morning on East Midlands news the local airport at Donington and other airports around the country are offering tests between £40/£90 i think it said so people can travel safely and we are in tier 3

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Told yesterday by euro tunnel now the french police are spinning people round at the English side if you do not have proper reasons for travel and the chances of them getting down to 5000 looks slim, I see that Catalan has not moved to the next phase on that Spain to English website 😔

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Think the only chance now is to charter an anthnoff out (sorry can’t spell it) load with Motorhomes and land it in Alicante

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
A woman at a said camp site in Benidorm Tod me yesterday that Motorhomes are travelling from France to Spain and seems the restriction are aimed at the Spanish, seems like the UK you can’t go anywhere in the uk if your in tier 3 but you can jet off some place
I suppose if you go over in a jet you are unlikely to transmit covid to any countries below wheras if you are transiting in a motorhome you could avoid meeting people of decide to stop off get your Christmas shopping on the way etc.

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
or you stay in jet with Covid and give it to 100 more people who then arrive at the destination and give it to another 100 people rather than stay isolated in a Motorhome to reach the destination.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
or you stay in jet with Covid and give it to 100 more people who then arrive at the destination and give it to another 100 people rather than stay isolated in a Motorhome to reach the destination.
True enough I wouldn't fancy going in a jet at the moment at all. But I can see from a point of view of a country people are travelling through to get to another why would they want it.

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Thanks....on to it right now.....these Spanish Government websites are so misleading... I've just dropped La Torreta a quick eMail....
Why? Are you planning a stay at La Toretta?

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yeh if I can get down there it all depends on France as apparently they are spinning you round at the euro tunnel if you don’t have a proper reason for travel

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
I phoned to the Guardia civil aduanas at the frontier of la jonquera yesterday and asked them about holiday travel he spoke some English but what I could understand if and when you are stopped by police don’t say anything about holiday get a booking document from your camp site say for 3 months and say it’s your second home and you will ok. But I don’t know if it’s worth the risk but he did say it’s ok

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Spanish info pages website in the COVID page says Spain is a safe holiday destination and that’s the main tourist website so nothing makes sense to me I think they don’t want the Spanish to travel
South and bring the virus back into to there home town and cities

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The Spanish info pages website in the COVID page says Spain is a safe holiday destination and that’s the main tourist website so nothing makes sense to me I think they don’t want the Spanish to travel
South and bring the virus back into to there home town and cities
Why would they not want the Spanish to travel south and bring the virus back but be happy for tourists to visit and potentially take it there especially if travelling from an area of their own country classed as very high for covid?

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
I didn’t know it’s just what what somebody said it’s like tier 3 in England you can’t travel anywhere but you can go abroad for vacation google tier 3 holiday travel I don’t understand it all

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I didn’t know it’s just what what somebody said it’s like tier 3 in England you can’t travel anywhere but you can go abroad for vacation google tier 3 holiday travel I don’t understand it all
No one does, no one does ,mate. :doh: :(

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi just read that you can travel on holiday abroad from the uk so I’m off to Benidorm, tunnel booked for the 16 December think France is allowing holiday travel by then 🇧🙂
Nice one Nick,
Please keep us all posted on how you get on travelling thru France and Spain. Many thanks .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back