Tier 3 travel abroad (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Think it's to do with numbers,,air plane 160 passengers,,motor home 2..We drove from Benicasim to home in late Oct and only saw 2 leisure vehicles driving South.. BUSBY.
I doubt if it even crossed their minds

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My daughter is arriving from spain on xmas eve , but returns to spain on 27th and must have fit to fly to get back into spain (we in tier 3) £250 for a test that is if you-can get a slot
she could get it done before she leaves spain.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I doubt if it even crossed their minds
Must have because air passengers need testing to enter Spain,,cars/motorhomes can just drive in.BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
One has just got to ask, WHY? :doh:

What's not to like?

20180314_142756~3.jpg

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
But you can travel from any region that has open borders to any other region with open borders through any region with closed borders. If yo area torist you can arrive & travel to booked accommodation/holiday home or rental but cannot leave once there & mst have thye paperwork with you if asked.

As above.

You can travel in to other areas for departure for FOREIGN holidays.

You have to ask why considering new cases are 50% of the current UK rate, & still falling, as are deaths?
can you recommend a good online resource to check the different regions rules. If it is possible to get a region in Spain that we can overwinter in with a booked space we will. Is Spain different to France as my understanding in France is you can only travel if you are going to your residence and can actually prove you are a resident not just a tourist going to a holiday booking.

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
French are allowing travel from the 15th December Valencia opens up on the 8th December and Granada opened last night I think or tonight and read that Andalusia is going to loosen there’s soon I’m going to check on the situation on the 15th and if everything is clear it’s Benidorm or bust

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
PCR TESTS and paperwork are not required for overlanders at the moment. Live music now allowed in Benidorm and I’ve had the bat flu and the chances of getting it again is remote

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
PCR TESTS and paperwork are not required for overlanders at the moment. Live music now allowed in Benidorm and I’ve had the bat flu and the chances of getting it again is remote
Hi Nick, those of us who live and have lived in Spain for over 23 years are being given the wrong information, thanks for updating us on the current situation...

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
can you recommend a good online resource to check the different regions rules. If it is possible to get a region in Spain that we can overwinter in with a booked space we will. Is Spain different to France as my understanding in France is you can only travel if you are going to your residence and can actually prove you are a resident not just a tourist going to a holiday booking.
https://www.spainenglish.com/2020/1...estrictions-all-regions-spain-state-of-alarm/

https://www.thelocal.es/20201124/what-are-the-rules-on-travelling-between-spain-and-the-uk

https://english.elpais.com/society/...s-restrictions-in-spain-region-by-region.html

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-...-related-expenses-for-international-tourists/

https://murciatoday.com/spanish-news.html

some light reading.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

I'm only jealous because we pulled up the drawbridge on going.
We're off to the Isle of Wight instead (whoopy doo)?

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is the french I’ve read

Attachments

• E7FFE5B6-1ABB-4EE9-9774-0E29C1FB741F.png
    E7FFE5B6-1ABB-4EE9-9774-0E29C1FB741F.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 51

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
This is only what I’ve read and been told by camping la Torretta
Thanks....on to it right now.....these Spanish Government websites are so misleading... I've just dropped La Torreta a quick eMail....

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The boss is Salvador Definately not a SHE.
Claro, Salvador esta el hombre.....muchas gracias por el informacion.....

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
France will carry out random border checks over the holiday season targeting French skiers on their way to and from foreign resorts – particularly Switzerland and Spain – where slopes stay open, the prime minister, Jean Castex, has said.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I should note I support the restrictions as they do save lives in the NHS. I do understand though there needs to be a balance.

I do think it’s nuts though that I can go travel to France but can’t leave my tier 3 area. That’s the problem with emergency legislation, it’s often not really thought out or real world ready.

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Thankyou gus-lopez id got the dates wrong and my daughters going back on 29th , and luckily she has got an apointment on 27th at boots meadowhall,some more came available today, thankyou :)

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
If the jab is offered, I will take it!

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Nick, those of us who live and have lived in Spain for over 23 years are being given the wrong information, thanks for updating us on the current situation...
I don’t maybe you are it’s all a bit confusing but I’ve been told by the time I’m crossing these places will have no restrictions but I can’t find out anything about Catalan yet

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
I don’t maybe you are it’s all a bit confusing but I’ve been told by the time I’m crossing these places will have no restrictions but I can’t find out anything about Catalan yet
Not many people can quite get there heads around the rules in the UK not even the government

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Not many people can quite get there heads around the rules in the UK not even the government
Our sources haven't advised us of the lifting of restrictions other than bars and restaurants in our small Municipality can open and serve on terraces only...the next phase for us will allow movement to adjoining regions...
The above lifting will not be until 9th December at the earliest...this is because of national festivities and to restrict movement, which has proven to be essential.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Are you not going to get the 'jab' first?
We would be at around No.8 on the list of priorities as far as I can tell.
Don't expect that we will be offered it any time soon! Could be many months away yet for us.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I’m not crossing until the 17th
There may or may not be changes, we just wait until we are told....if we break the lockdown we get fined, it's as simple as that....
I read some advice today from the C&CV club in the UK regarding travel visas for next year...they are giving information out that's totally untrue...
DirGov should and do provide good information...perhaps you should use this.
Gus Lopez on this forum had given some web sites for you guys to read...might provide you with a better understanding.

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
There may or may not be changes, we just wait until we are told....if we break the lockdown we get fined, it's as simple as that....
I read some advice today from the C&CV club in the UK regarding travel visas for next year...they are giving information out that's totally untrue...
DirGov should and do provide good information...perhaps you should use this.
Gus Lopez on this forum had given some web sites for you guys to read...might provide you with a better understanding.
Ok I’ve got 14 days still left before I’m Benidorm bound but looking at France if rates are less than COVID 5000 then lockdown will finish but bars ECT will remain closed until jan that’s fine by me the fastest I can get through that place the better

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
The Spanish government are stating that travel between regions over Christmas and the new year should only be to visit family and not for tourism.
Unless this changes it would be a fineable offence to travel through Spain (That’s my interpretation anyway).
However a lot of regions are complaining that this is unworkable and couldn’t be policed.

OP
OP
Nick wright

Nick wright

Free Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
I don’t know anymore, so many things you read state different things grant chaps has apparently said that people in tier 3 can travel abroad (its all over the papers )but think France will be the main problem as cases need to drop to 5000 a day for you to be able to travel between regions and I’ve also spoke to the euro tunnel and a french bloke on the phone told Me I can transit France to Spain no problem and that the all the rules apply to people living in France so what do you believe. If you look at the french website it clearly states that you can enter France from the uk with no COVID restrictions. Even camping la Torretta have told me that it should be no problem by the middle of December

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back