• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Thule Universal QuickFit Awning/Tent 3.6m Large. BRAND NEW (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ultra fast set up (15 minutes) BAND NEW with original box, all accessories and totally unused.

This was purchased for us by my brother late last year as a gift after we fitted our Thule wind-out awning to our Rapido but we invariably use the French aires or wild camp and don’t stay in one place for more than a couple of nights, it’s a real pity because it is obviously a excellent awning but more suited to people who stay 3 or 4 nights or longer in one place; hence the sale. It is boxed and totally unused and comes complete with the necessary Thule Tensioning Kit.

I obviously can’t take any pictures of it erected if I did it would then be used! However I have taken pictures of pertinent pieces so that any interested purchaser can see exactly what they are buying, I have also included pictures from the Thule website along with a YouTube link which illustrates how quickly and how easily it can be erected (15 minutes)
I believe it also fits Fiamma wind out awnings.

The current price which I have taken from a Thule dealers website is:

Thule QuickFit 3.60m Large £693.00
Thule Side Tensioning Kit £31.20
Shipping £27.00
Total £751.20

The price I am asking is £550.00 including delivery a discount of £226.20 (30%) alternatively if you collect yourself the price would be £520.00.

My contact No: 07831 152617

Details from the manufacturer Thule are as follows:

This awning is a patent protected fast installation system designed for those who want it quick and simple. The Thule QuickFit is made from a high quality lightweight RipStop fabric that is in one piece with the exception of zip out sides. With a universal connection the Thule QuickFit will fit on most wind out awnings. The double roof system provides a perfect shelter that the whole family can enjoy. It only takes 15 minutes to install.

Ideal for short breaks away or for touring, introducing the QuickFit Privacy Room from Thule Sweden! Modern, stylish and practical the Thule QuickFit takes 15 minutes to pitch and allows you to convert your Thule Omnistor into a full usable room! The QuickFit extends your outdoor living space, a place for dining, a safe place for your kids to play, a fantastic place for lounging whist being projected against the elements!

The Thule QuickFit is available in a range of sizes depending on the height and the projection of your current Thule Omnistor Awning. The QuickFit is designed for the following awnings: 8000, 5003, 4900, 5200, 5500, 5002, 9200, 6200, 6900, 6002 and the 1200. For Ducato H2 models, featuring an Omninstor unit, with a height range of 2.30m to 2.50m and an awning projection of 3.00m there is a Thule QuickFit Privacy sold separately (307060).

The QuickFit is ultra-light from 16 to 19kg depending on the size! The awning’s canvas is made out of a ripstop fabric that houses the perfect strength to weight ratio. The material has been specifically woven to be tear resistant, often seen in aeronautical engineering! The 5000mm (HH) Hydrostatic Head offers excellent waterproofing keep all and all belongings nice a dry against the elements. In order to combat condensation, the Thule QuickFit features permanent ventilation, two ventilation openings to keep conditions stable.

The privacy room is suspended below the awning’s cassette; this creates a double roof offering improved ventilation and insulation. The front canopy keeps your entrance clean and protected; this is a great place to shelter muddy shoes and provides that added shelter when gathering outside.

Fast and easy set-up! The complete QuickFit Privacy Room is in one piece! The room easily slides into the caravan rail or the additional rail below the Omnistor’s cassette and then is fixed to the front rail of the Omnistor. The front canopy is installed with flexible arch tubes. The QuickFit features a modular design, all sides are fully zippable, they can be removed to create a porch, multiple entry and exit points and effectively by removing the front, the sides can be use as rain or sun blockers!

Curtains with zippers provide privacy and included as well, is the wheel cover and windslip draught skirt; to keep out the cold air, from under your vehicle! The sport bag provides safe and easy transportation of your Thule QuickFit Privacy Room!

Features:
Short stay use
Designed to fit your Thule Omnistor Awning
Fits motorhomes with a 6200/9200 roof awning with the optional Awning Fixation Kit TO 6200/9200 (307050)
A lightweight high quality privacy room with a front canopy
Lightweight canvas fabric: Strong Ripstop Polyester
Polyurethane coated
5000mm Hydrostatic Head for excellent water proofing
One colour combination, modern, stylish and suits any Thule awning fabric finishes
Super-fast and modular installation
Front panels with integrated left and right door
All panels can be completely removed
Large panoramic windows
Integrated curtains that can be closed with a zipper
Side windows are equipped with a mosquito mesh and can be closed with a transparent window
Permanent ventilation openings to reduce condensation
Hook at the centre of the roof to attach a lamp or other accessories
Windslip and wheelcover included
Packed in a Thule sport bag (35x35x70cm)
Min mounting height: 2.25m
Max mounting height: 2.84m

Interested purchasers are more than welcome to view the Thule QuickFit prior to purchasing at our home in Leicestershire just drop me an PM/email/text or phone and we can make arrangements.

Postage/Shipping:

Ideally it is cash on collection but I’m more than happy to courier the Thule QuickFit but its size is represented in the shipping cost. Shipping would be by either UPS of Parcelforce and will require a signature. If payment is by PayPal then I will only ship to a PayPal confirmed address. The Thule will be dispatched immediately after receiving cleared funds. I will ensure it is securely packed and insured. Alternatively as mentioned above you may pay cash and collect from our home in Leicestershire by prior arrangement.

IMG_6727.jpg
IMG_6653.jpg
446568_sized_640x420.jpg
491018_sized_640x420.jpg
IMG_6721.jpg
IMG_6716.jpg
IMG_6724.jpg

Attachments

• 516005_sized_640x420.jpg
    516005_sized_640x420.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 11

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I believe it also fits Fiamma wind out awnings.
It won't I'm afraid - the Omnistor/Thule wind out awnings have 2 channels - one on the front wind out canopy section and the other on the housing attached to the camper. Unfortunately Fiamma ones do NOT have the one on the housing itself so you can't easily attach the rear of the awning - I know 'cause we had one! We did try suspending the rear (Heath Robinson fashion) but it didn't really work so the only alternative if you wanted to use it with a Fiamma awning would be to buy a strip of awning channel and attach it under a Fiamma cassette housing with screws or adhesive.

OP
OP
goneoff
Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It won't I'm afraid - the Omnistor/Thule wind out awnings have 2 channels - one on the front wind out canopy section and the other on the housing attached to the camper. Unfortunately Fiamma ones do NOT have the one on the housing itself so you can't easily attach the rear of the awning - I know 'cause we had one! We did try suspending the rear (Heath Robinson fashion) but it didn't really work so the only alternative if you wanted to use it with a Fiamma awning would be to buy a strip of awning channel and attach it under a Fiamma cassette housing with screws or adhesive.
I had a new Thule awning fitted last year it was a Thule Omnistor 4900 and it, like Fiamma awnings does not have a channel at the rear. That is why the Thule dealer I had fit the awning also fitted a separate plastic channel at the rear (a Thule item) for a only a few pounds in preparation for the awning tent I’m advertising. It was the Thule dealer/fitter who advised me that the tent also fits Fiamma awnings in addition a friend of mine also has a Thule tent/awning which he fits onto his Fiamma, he fitted Thule plastic channel himself. Yes I would advise anyone who is purchasing a awning/tent and spending over £500.00 not to do anything in a Heath Robinson fashion for the sake of a few pounds; from memory my channel only cost circa £40.00 fitted. However thank you for your interest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back