Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Hi,

Does anyone know if Thule (or a third party) sell the actual gears from the step motor separately? There a two white nylon gears.

I have dismantled my step motor (original has been replaced under warranty and I was allowed to keep old unit) and a single spline on the worm gear has broken, resulting in step not working properly.

A new complete motor unit, which includes the gear box is circa £100.

Looking to repair old unit and keep as a spare.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Nigel

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi,

Does anyone know if Thule (or a third party) sell the actual gears from the step motor separately? There a two white nylon gears.

I have dismantled my step motor (original has been replaced under warranty and I was allowed to keep old unit) and a single spline on the worm gear has broken, resulting in step not working properly.

A new complete motor unit, which includes the gear box is circa £100.

Looking to repair old unit and keep as a spare.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Nigel

Google suggested this:

http://campingequipmentshop.co.uk/index.php/omnistep-spares-parts/c_191.html

Vincemacca

Free Member
Jan 13, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Hope you are sorted ....if not I have the answer.
I had the same problem and the teeth were chewed after checking everywhere it became clear that the Thule/Omnistor V10 single step (usually post 2010 - V02 before) do not sell gears separately, so then my search started.
Looking for a BOSCH motor part number: 0309203266 they varied in price (£99+vat being the highest) and then I spotted one being sold by an automotive distributor H Bowers of Stoke on Trent for ...... £28.75 plus vat (Broken Link Removed)
This was a massive saving over the caravan dealers. Bought it over the phone - shipped next day for £8 (total £43) and its on the van. I told Bowers I'd mention it on the forum after he asked me what I was going to use it for - he thought it quite funny ....I presume you would usually find the motor under the bonnet powering wipers usually.
Big up for BOWERS!!!!!!
BTW In an emergency mark the nylon big gear and the black cover of the body for alignment - then turn it exactly 180 deg around ....you may get a few more weeks out of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back