Thule step relay. (1 Viewer)

Roger Holman

Free Member
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
B564
Good evening. We are the proud owners of a B564, 2005 reg, so not the most up to date, but we love it. (all we want is to be able to se it!) Due largely to owner incompetance I have twice bent the installed THULE retracting step. I have dismantled it, made new parts, and reassembled it, twice, and it works perfectly. However, I have puchased a THULE relay which, I believe, will retract the step automatically when the ignition is switched on. Seems sensible to me.

The difficulty comes when tying to break into the vehicle wiring; it seems impossible to obtain a wiring diagram, none came with the van, and the THULE diagram is not clear. Has anyone else done this mod. successfully? Can you help?

To alter the train of thought very slightly, I telephoned the Erenest Hymer Centre today and asked the Servise Dept. if they could get me a wiring diagram for the vehicle, the reply was "I'm sorry, we don't have that sort of relationship with HYMER". So who does? I tries to book the van into Brookwells a while back (bearing in mind we live in Cornwall) only to be told, " We have been instructed not to accept any vehicles over 5 years old in our workshops". You could have knocked me down with a feather.

Conversly, when we were getting gibberish out of the SCHAUDT control panel (which resulted in the Brookwells remark) we had fantastic help, and a resolution, from Appuljack Engineering in Bridgewater.

Any Ideas?

Roger

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I used an ignition sensing relay attached to the vehicle battery, this when connected to the correct wire from the step will retract the step as soon as you turn the key.

OP
OP
R

Roger Holman

Free Member
Apr 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
B564
Sorry all.
Typo, and brain fade together.

Delete 'Brookwells' substite 'Brownhills'

Brookwells are wwell known supplier of Land Rover parts and would probably not be impressed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The main 12V power distribution is via an Schaudt Electroblock. Wiring diagrams for these are available for download from the Schaudt website. It's not a complete motorhome wiring diagram but it's a very good start. Together with the link in andy63 's post you should be able to work it out. The Schaudt site is in German, but English versions of EBL manuals are available for download.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back