Thule step diagram (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
The stop switch has packed up when I take in the step. Does anyone have a description / diagram for replacing it?

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
This one off a project step, £3.67 off ebay, its a plunger switch with 2 spade terminals
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-INTER...608416?hash=item4881ef98e0:g:QUkAAOSwu4BVwiUp

This link to thule step

http://www.theomnistorcentre.co.uk/1500601921-alarm-switch-for-single-step-and-slide-out-step.html

Item 3 looks similar but cant be sure.

Brilliant I just love this forum. Is there a repair manual for this step on the net? Can you replace it without removing the entire step?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Finally took the step apart today. The switch I thought stopped the end of its IN travel was actually just for the signal light on the dash.
I could not find any other switches that would tell the step it was all the way IN. It continues to try and go IN causing it to clonk until you let go the step switch.

Does any body have any ideas where the limit switch's are - it stops quite happily on the way out.

Burstner / Thule step

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Thanks for that but they don't show any controls, only the motor. I cant figure out how the step knows when to stop either in or out.

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Our Thule step is on a 2015 Auto-Trail with SARGENT electrical panels
It works on a system called (run count) on the back memory on SARGENT panel over door originally it was set on 26 it is now set on 30
because it was not quite flipping down to the stop when going out and
down when coming out of the van down steps and standing on Thule
Step it would go down with a clunk on to the stops ours now seems to work OK both ways in and out.
Hope this might help Cliff

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Finally took the step apart today. The switch I thought stopped the end of its IN travel was actually just for the signal light on the dash.
I could not find any other switches that would tell the step it was all the way IN. It continues to try and go IN causing it to clonk until you let go the step switch.

Does any body have any ideas where the limit switch's are - it stops quite happily on the way out.

Burstner / Thule step
That is how they work. There is no provision for limit switches. Some circuitry (for example auto step-in when ignition on) uses a very crude timer to give the step time to 'park' but that's it. Under normal circumstances when operated from the step switch it relies on the user to release the switch immediately after hearing the clonk :).

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
................... and here's a drawing.

Broken Link Removed

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That is how they work. There is no provision for limit switches. Some circuitry (for example auto step-in when ignition on) uses a very crude timer to give the step time to 'park' but that's it. Under normal circumstances when operated from the step switch it relies on the user to release the switch immediately after hearing the clonk :).
Think it depends on the model on mine just a momentary press on the switch, step extends and stops at end of travel.

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Under normal circumstances when operated from the step switch it relies on the user to release the switch immediately after hearing the clonk :).[/QUOTE]

It does seem to be that way but I've only noticed it this year and it is quite happy to stop on its own on the way out.
Weired - but its not he end of the world. Thanks peeps.
At least it gave me chance to grease all the joints - its going in and out like lightning now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back