• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Thule / Omnistore residential room (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bought this last year from Rose awnings.. it is the one made specifically for the Autotrail Chieftain ( 4.5 metres ) which retails about £1100 from memory
Used in Spain at the beginning of the year for 2 months and thats it.. All there with an extra centre rafter too..

Looking for £500

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Still no interest ?
OK, final offer then it can go to a dealer who has offered to sell it for us.. I know what he is gonna give me and know it will be up for sale at £650 !

£400 ,, canna go cheaper than that !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Too big for us, and, oh, we've got one. I think it's great, coming to a Benidorm near you real soon now it will really improve our holiday.

Deleted User
Looked at them at NEC solid looking but too expensive for us new, so went with Lillipad windbreaks.
Our awning is only 3.5m long so yours is too big, or would have been interested.
Lin :(

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
so went with Lillipad windbreaks.

Totally different usage. Throw up the safari room and you have a substantial extension for a long stay. The windbreaks are great for a day or so when the wind is not to bad. We know only too well what happens when a real gust gets them, the pole bends in two and it all gets very fraught. Very entertaining for people watching us clinging to awning for dear life whilst soaked to the skin.

The real problem with safari room is the weight but that's because they are well over engineered. We can erect ours in half an hour now.

They can be reduced in width, as we did.

Deleted User
Totally different usage. Throw up the safari room and you have a substantial extension for a long stay. The windbreaks are great for a day or so when the wind is not to bad. We know only too well what happens when a real gust gets them, the pole bends in two and it all gets very fraught. Very entertaining for people watching us clinging to awning for dear life whilst soaked to the skin.

The real problem with safari room is the weight but that's because they are well over engineered. We can erect ours in half an hour now.

They can be reduced in width, as we did.
Yep that's why we are keeping our drive away awning as well. The Lillipads are for short trips in good weather and fit in the smallest space. We weren't comparing them with the full Thule type at NEC just against the windbreaks which are fairly cheap, the Lillipads won out.
We looked at the type Jaws has and very substantial but expensive can't see many people paying for both strong and lightweight from Thule. Jaws ones would be a bargain for anyone with a large MH.

Lin :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Looked at them at NEC solid looking but too expensive for us new, so went with Lillipad windbreaks.
Our awning is only 3.5m long so yours is too big, or would have been interested.
Fancy a swap? In fact ours might be 4m i'm not sure.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Hi I've got the autotrail chieftain can u send me some pics please jaws and a contact no

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back