cantonalegod

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8086df
Exp
Hi, looking for help! We have a Hymer Exsis i, and the Thule electric step has stopped working. It's not up, it's not down, you can just move it around with your hand. When the up/down button is pressed the motor buzzes for about 30 seconds and then stops. I guess it's not a fuse, because then nothing would happen at all, and i think the entrance and awning light are on the same fuse and they work fine. It had to happen the night before we leave Spain for home! Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :)

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
It is a common problem according to my friend who bought a new Hymen three years ago and he's on his second step repair. Another friend's step lasted just over a year on his new Hymen.

It involves the plastic cog that fits on the motor to drive the step out. Apparently they are made out of butter and the official Hymen part is identical to the ebay parts at half the price. Buy two. you never know when you will need another.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Maybe the rod has came off for some reason. Snapped perhaps.
Are you able to get underneath and watch what happens?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2009
Pagham Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis T688
Exp
I agree with Nicepix sounds like the plastic cog I only lost half the teeth on mine so managed to turn it round and got it working ,was told they did not sell spares so interested to know where they are for sale on Ebay Nicepix

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
This thread might help you > Step < There's also a link in the thread for where to buy the replacement part. Hope this helps.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It involves the plastic cog that fits on the motor to drive the step out. Apparently they are made out of butter and the official Hymen part is identical to the ebay parts at half the price. Buy two. you never know when you will need another.

do you have a link or more information ?

The Thule twin electric step kit doesn't have a plastic cog, and it's not a Hymer part ,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORHOM...940789&hash=item282c57d7fa:g:2T4AAOSwx6pYrFgH

@cantonalegod before ordering anything, find out exactly what has broken.. then use step model number to order parts.. there are several variants. Thule supply repair kits.. as the example I gave

OP
OP
cantonalegod

cantonalegod

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8086df
Exp
Thanks everyone for your help. We have "bungied" the step up for now, and bought a little plastic step for temp access. It is still under warranty, so will see if Campimara can have a look as we are dropping in there on our way home go have our underseal check!

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
do you have a link or more information ?

The Thule twin electric step kit doesn't have a plastic cog, and it's not a Hymer part ,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORHOM...940789&hash=item282c57d7fa:g:2T4AAOSwx6pYrFgH

@cantonalegod before ordering anything, find out exactly what has broken.. then use step model number to order parts.. there are several variants. Thule supply repair kits.. as the example I gave

He said that the first one that he got was ordered through the local Hymer agent. The second one he ordered off ebay. It that was identical and cost a lot less. As far as I remember it was a white plastic or similar material cog and his van is a 678CL if that helps. He also had a couple of issues with the micro switch in the kitchen tap. Again the part from the dealer was a lot more than he could source online.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back