Thule awning panels anyone used? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Well we checked out Thule, although seemed very good quality, expensive. So we are now the proud owners of a set of Lillipads windbreaks with inner membranes. Pack away very small and light so able to carry along with the drive away awning we have to give options.

Lin :)

Glad you liked them ! How was the show ? Cant decide whether to go or not ...

OP
OP

Deleted User
We do the fully waterproof ones and as @Charlie said earlier we sell good rafter poles. We are not doing the NEC but we are only in Leeds so you are welcome to come over and have a look at our panels as seen on our website http://www.parrotsol.co.uk/

We love using our panels as they are easy to fit, let lots of light in and can be packed away wet without fear of damage.
Thanks, we have bought the Lilliput ones now, will see how we go with the poles.

Lin :)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Glad you liked them ! How was the show ? Cant decide whether to go or not ...
Not that busy today, usual accessory stuff and a few new vans, quite a few new pvc, which we shouldn't have even looked at, as they are getting better in terms of layout and price! There was some Boxter? ones that looked good and had we not bought the V-line back in June would have certainly considered :( Other than wanting to see and compare Thule and Lilliput, we wouldn't have bothered. Food very expensive, and mostly sandwiches or Wetherspoons, if you go take something with you. I don't mind paying more for the convenience, but there just wasn't even any tasty, unhealthy junk food to temp paying over the odds :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Not that busy today, usual accessory stuff and a few new vans, quite a few new pvc, which we shouldn't have even looked at, as they are getting better in terms of layout and price! There was some Boxter? ones that looked good and had we not bought the V-line back in June would have certainly considered :( Other than wanting to see and compare Thule and Lilliput, we wouldn't have bothered. Food very expensive, and mostly sandwiches or Wetherspoons, if you go take something with you. I don't mind paying more for the convenience, but there just wasn't even any tasty, unhealthy junk food to temp paying over the odds :(

Thanks ! Food is always absolutely disgusting at the NEC and ridiculously priced. I can never be bothered worrying about cost on days out but refuse to pay top dollar for appalling food !

I may just give it a miss despite it being only 40 minutes drive,

Thanks again !

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well we are Rowntree Park York testing our Lillipads...so far so good :D
WP_20151102_14_40_56_Pro.jpg

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Well we are Rowntree Park York testing our Lillipads...so far so good :DView attachment 81390

They are brilliant arent they ? (y)(y)

Might I sugest putting the pegs just a bit wider so the pull is sideways slightly sideways and out as well ? Also put your pegs in from the opposite angle as they are they might get pulled out if it got windy.... Slope them away from the angle of pull if you see what I mean ? Just trying to help ....

OP
OP

Deleted User
@Charlie thank you will try your tips, I just followed the instructions as it was the first time I put the awning up. I wish they had some kind of windows in the membrane section. I may have to do a bit of alteration in the future. Nige

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
@Charlie thank you will try your tips, I just followed the instructions as it was the first time I put the awning up. I wish they had some kind of windows in the membrane section. I may have to do a bit of alteration in the future. Nige
We have the lighter colour ones which are possibly alowing more daylight in.. Not sure but in daylight it's bright and airy . We just fold a side section up as there is no door as such. I suppose we could modify just about any product and a nose peel back window would be good ..

Fulltiming Felines

Free Member
Aug 27, 2018
Funster No
Did it work for containing your pets? We have four cats that we want to have outside in a safari room. Looking at the Lilypad option.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We bought Lilipad windblockers... Absolutely brilliant ! They have the internal drop down liners and they proved to be waterproof in torrential and I do mean torrential rain. They have many peg down points at the bottoms so should contain a dog. That said none will contain a dog if its determined enough.
Not cheap but the best by miles .. Our van is PVC also ...

In this picture the rear panel has the inside pull down screen up.
On the side panel its down.
We use the same, brilliant. BUSBY.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Question please, as I still cant make my mind up.
We have The Omnistore 4.5mtr awning attached to the van.
Whilst at a rally last year we noticed a guy had the same awning and had purchased both side panels, and full front, with nice windows etc to keep his dogs in.
I have a Kampa Air Pro Awning which is fab quality,600 denier, only used once before selling the caravan, and buying the moho.
Knowing how good and strong the Kampa awning is, along with its inner roof lining to stop the drips from condensation, I was thinking about having the height altered extended so as to use the figure 8 beading which would slip along the bottom awning rail.
I have no idea at present who would do the alteration, and how much it would cost. The awning packs away nicely in its own bag, but does weigh a far bit 27KGs I think.
What should I do, get it altered, or sell it, and buy the side and front panel kits?
Thanks for any views on this.
Les

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Did it work for containing your pets? We have four cats that we want to have outside in a safari room. Looking at the Lilypad option.

I don't know if you or anyone else are interested but the Thules ones I've mentioned above (with the photo with the kayak on the roof) are still for sale including side panels and rafters at £295 - less than half price. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/thule-g2-panel-awning.184945/

Jun 9, 2016
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
Exp
None
Having had a set of these for a season I would say...... meh....

They are great when the wind is low, but as soon as it gets busy the main awning bangs about and the get into the fear zone of a major failure.

We would only use them now if we could be sure of light winds I.e. in a sheltered area.

We have bought a Kampa awning to use in the usual uk weather.

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
We have the Thule rain blockers, they fit well & are light to carry.
We do have lillypads for warmer weather

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back