Thule 8000 awning (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
HI All, does anyone have any recommendations for the supply and fit of a Thule awning, we are based on the south coast, but are willing to travel for a good job and a reasonable price. I am a little surprised that you can get substantial discounts at shows but if you are not at a show there is little interest of doing a deal. Many thanks in advance.
Mike

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I had a quote from rose awnings for a thule omnistor and if they would have had the colour fabric I wanted I would have gone with them but ended up having one from my local go european dealer but ended up fitting it myself .... with a helping hand from Tonka, if your able to get someone to give you a hand for the very final part of the fitment its really easy to do, 4 mounting brackets that have to be sikaflex to the roof then a couple of screws in each bracket ..leave for 24hrs to set then this is the part where you need 2 sets of ladders and nother pair of hands as these awnings are pretty heavy, Tonka came to my aid for the final lift but it only takes about 5 minute to carry it to the roof and drop it on the mounts, 4 nuts, 1 on each bracket to tighten up an the jobs done, saved myself £250 for what is less than an hrs work. If your capable its not hard at all, i found fitting solar panels more of a challenge to be honest.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back