Through France to North East Spain and return November/December 2017 (1 Viewer)

Newtourer

Free Member
Oct 13, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E460
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,
We have just bought our first motorhome and intend to set off through France to Spain for a bit of winter sun. We have toured France and Spain for several years but never in a motorhome or at this time of year. We will probably cross to Dunkirk or Dieppe and then head south via Rouen, Chartres, Orleans, Limoges, Toulouse, Carcassonne and Perpignan. We do not want to stay in these cities rather stay in smaller places close to the route. I'm finding it difficult to locate touring sites that are open this time of year. My wife is concerned about using Aires but if the need arises then so be it. Can anyone suggest any good sites en-route (or just off) and perhaps approximately four hours drive apart ?
Sorry about the length of this post but any help would be most appreciated.
Kind regards.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @Newtourer ,
You could try the aire at La Chapelle St Mesmin ,it's an old municipal campsite. cost 6 euro's , incl water and ehu. A bit basic no toilets or any frills at all , entrance through a barrier very easy . It's just west of Orleans about 5 miles.
Also 4 hrs from Calais approx, is La Mailleraye sur Seine aire again , 6 euro's lovely riverside aire where you can watch the river traffic from large barges to a small cruise ship and hotel boats , nice little town / village . It also avoids Rouen.
Terry

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Parc Verger South of Limoges. Always assured of a warm welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you do stop at any sites make sure they are in towns and not at side of motorways.

Enjoy your trip and welcome to fun.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You could try the Aire at Nersac and it might just change your wife's view of Aires, it's on your route as well.

image.jpeg

Martin

Edit, sorry getting my Limoges and Angouleme mixed up so not quite on the route you mentioned, on you route would be Brive la Gaillarde another nice town and Aire with service facilities.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Newtourer

Free Member
Oct 13, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E460
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi folks, Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
More suggestions most welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You could always take the ferry to Spain.

You get to miss France out that way(y)

OP
OP
N

Newtourer

Free Member
Oct 13, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E460
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks. Iv'e used the ferry to northern Spain a few years ago in the summer and what a rough crossing it was. Don't fancy Bay of Biscay this time of year. Besides we want to travel down though France stopping off to see friends in Saint Antonin Noble Val. Thanks again for taking the trouble to read my post and reply to it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back