Three weeks is too long to stay in one place (1 Viewer)

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
We have just left Briarfields Touring Park in Cheltenham http://www.briarfields.net our second visit there. This is the first time we have visited a site twice and have done so for two very good reasons. Firstly, its situated perfectly between Gloucester and Cheltenham where we have family in both places. Secondly we very much like the site.

Read more...

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Last time we stayed there we were a bit apprehensive as there were what appeared to be a few" travellers"staying nearby (on the campsite ) this made us a bit nervous especially when they took interest in our toad as they drove by. Admittedly it was a few years ago, and things may have changed in who they allow on the site now. Hope so as it is a good stop-off place when travelling down South.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Last time we stayed there we were a bit apprehensive as there were what appeared to be a few" travellers"staying nearby (on the campsite ) this made us a bit nervous especially when they took interest in our toad as they drove by. Admittedly it was a few years ago, and things may have changed in who they allow on the site now. Hope so as it is a good stop-off place when travelling down South.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Yeah I did hear it was not a good site before Scott and Jo took over. They have made it a very good site now and have good relaxed attitude as well as nothing being too much trouble for them.

Cant recommend highly enough. Do give it another try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Excellent site, on bus route to Cheltenham and Gloucester and within walking distance of pub and ASDA, - ALSO less than a mile from motorhomemedics.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
we have stayed there quite a few times now. Scott and Jo are very nice helpful people.
we also took the national express to Crewe from there to see family.
asda and the hospital very close and bus stop outside the gate.
didn't know about motorhome medics thanks for that snippet.
no sign of travellers now.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
three weeks?????? That's a caravan jobbie. Three days would be a record for me apart from rallies.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Three weeks isn't long if you are fulltimers and still working in a family business nearby, as for the remark about travellers well most of the time i'd rather pitch up beside them than tolerate the usual campsite snobs I've lived amongst true Romany's most of my life and had some bloody good times with them and have a few lifetime friends amongst them.

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
Too long to stay in one place, I got very itchy feet lol. Since then got stuck in Dorset for 6 weeks when I couldn't drive because of a ankle injury. Now I think 3 weeks was not so bad lol.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back