Three SIM Balance (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i bought the 2 year sim last november and tried to activate it at chester and again when i got home and couldnt i got in touch with three and they assured my that there was no data allowance on the chip so i returned it to amazon who sent out a new one
i then started again to the point where i rang three and was told there was no data on the sim
my son then sat down for nearly an hour with live chat and they eventually sorted it out evidently if you dont top up 50p they cant work its working now as the girl on live chat added the credit

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
The Huawei app works if you reset data when you change data sims sorry if im being thick :getmecoat:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
So for all you people with a three mifi sim, like Jock who has used 1.17Gb of his 12Gb THIS month, how can he check the historical data when it resets each month?
Because it's not a monthly contract sim Simon. It's a 12Gb/12 month sim, and the app just keeps logging the data used, from when the sim was activated. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Because it's not a monthly contract sim Simon. It's a 12Gb/12 month sim, and the app just keeps logging the data used, from when the sim was activated. (y)

Cheers,

Mine doesn't, whys that then?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Mine doesn't, whys that then?
Simon, if using the Hauwei App, have you tried going into tools, shortcut, and "clear statistical history" ?

The Three dashboard and settings, is probably your best bet first.

Cheers,

Deleted User
We never bother registering our SIM cards so can't use Three's dashboard or settings. We never top them up because it is more expensive than buying a new one, so no need to register.

Is there some disadvantage with registering?
I registered one a few years ago and find the 3 dashboard very useful, don't top up though just buy cheap sims when on offer.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Is there some disadvantage with registering?
I registered one a few years ago and find the 3 dashboard very useful, don't top up though just buy cheap sims when on offer.
AFAIK you have to register each card with Three before you can use the dashboard for that card. I have heard rumours that they may want to clamp down on use of multiple SIMs in the future. After all the whole idea is that you buy the preloaded SIMs cheap, as a sort of loss leader, and then you are supposed to top it up when it runs out, at a higher cost. If I don't register they will find it more difficult to know that I am using multiple SIMs.

Deleted User
AFAIK you have to register each card with Three before you can use the dashboard for that card. I have heard rumours that they may want to clamp down on use of multiple SIMs in the future. After all the whole idea is that you buy the preloaded SIMs cheap, as a sort of loss leader, and then you are supposed to top it up when it runs out, at a higher cost. If I don't register they will find it more difficult to know that I am using multiple SIMs.

I have registered with only one sim and used the dashboard with many different sims, the 3 system recognises which sim that I am using and gives me the relevant data.

I see your point about the preloaded sims but no one knows what will happen in the future, if things change then so will I.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Thanks for all your comments, i vill say zis only vonce!

I had an unregistered pre loaded 12Gb, 12 month, 3 sim in my Netgear mifi, I went on to the 3 site, to check the usage, the sim only showed the current months usage of around 1.6Gb, I then logged in which used my old sim number and which has an inactivated £10 credit on it, my unregistered sim ran out of data (unexpectedly) later that day when I thought I had plenty of data left on it, which I thought a bit odd, there is no way (that I know) of checking used data on an allegedly data expired sim!!

Cheers, Simon

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
If you log onto the Three website, when using an unregistered sim and with the sim in your Mifi, it will show what data you have left. Whereas you say it shows the current months usage. Are you mixing the two up ? o_O

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you log onto the Three website, when using an unregistered sim and with the sim in your Mifi, it will show what data you have left. Whereas you say it shows the current months usage. Are you mixing the two up ? o_O
Now then, that just might be the case and sounds entirely feasible, which would solve this conundrum, maybe I just THOUGHT I had loads of data left. I have a 2 year, 24Gb sim which I will try next, when I do I will go to the 3 site and see if this is the case and do the same a month later. I think the problem has been that the Netgear app. Which I normally use to check, resets to zero each month and I am unsure if this can be changed!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
We never bother registering our SIM cards so can't use Three's dashboard or settings. We never top them up because it is more expensive than buying a new one, so no need to register.
I tend not to either, but I thought it may help Simon to resolve the problem. :)

Cheers,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back